Activity/Fitness Trackers

Tom_T

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the Apple Watch, having purchased a Series 2 this weekend. :) I am looking for fitness and cardio apps to help with weight loss program. My main exercising consists of walking (outdoor), biking (stationary) and elliptical. Right now I am using Lose It, Heart Watch and Sleep Watch and of course Apples built in apps.
Previously I used the MS Band 2 and really liked the reports I got from the MS Health Dashboard and would like to get similar information from either Apple Health or add in App.

Thank you for your help

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi and hope you are enjoying your apple watchers. Try the Nike suite - Nike Run Club (can also be used for walking) and Nike Trainer Club.

linear2202

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi Tom_T . I have a band as well and am holding on to it for the guided workouts, but looking to move to a watch. Did you use the guided workouts? I notice you didn't mention it. Is there something equivalent on the watch, do you know?

The watch has a built in sleep tracker, right? Why use another app?

Did you find a dashboard? Like you, I loved that thing. So great to have such detailed info not on a little screen.
Thanks for time.

Tom_T

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi Tom_T . I have a band as well and am holding on to it for the guided workouts, but looking to move to a watch. Did you use the guided workouts? I notice you didn't mention it. Is there something equivalent on the watch, do you know?

The watch has a built in sleep tracker, right? Why use another app?

Did you find a dashboard? Like you, I loved that thing. So great to have such detailed info not on a little screen.
Thanks for time.

No sleep tracker. The Activity and Health Apple apps are the closest to the the MS Dashboard. I'm getting used to them but miss the dashboard.
The more I use the Apple Watch the more I like it, seven days now and learning more each day.
Never used the guided workouts so no help there.

linear2202

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.
How long is your battery life? I read various reports of about a day or so, give or take
Have you bought any fitness apps or not something you typically use it for?
D

Tom_T

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
After turning off "Hey Siri" I am getting at least a day. This is doing two walks of at least 3 miles with GPS on, I do have my phone with me though. Similar battery life as my Band 2.
Now I just have to quit buying extra bands........ :)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am a long time APLW wearer :) in fact today I hit my 500th move goal!

I use the built in app to track all my workouts etc, but I use apps on the phone for everything else. I do use the apps on the watch to see progress from the iPhone apps, MyFitnessPal, Waterminder, Cafined, etc...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711