Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nizmoz
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts

Default Stainless Steel vs Space Black Stainless Steel

Right now, i have the Stainless Steel first version of the Apple Watch. I love the shine and the looks of the silver. Then I decided to upgrade my phone to the 7 and elected to go with a black phone. Now, i want the Space Black Stainless Steel version to match my phone,

How does the Space Black hold up to scratches? if you get the Space Black scratched, can you buff them out? I noticed that my stainless steel developed scratches so, I buffed it out and it looks like it did when I first bought it.

Thanks
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: Stainless Steel vs Space Black Stainless Steel

Quote Originally Posted by tech_fan View Post
    How does the Space Black hold up to scratches? if you get the Space Black scratched, can you buff them out? I noticed that my stainless steel developed scratches so, I buffed it out and it looks like it did when I first bought it.
    After approximately 16 months my space black SS has no scratches. So either it's really tough and scratch resistant or I'm really easy on it. Probably some of both. I can't answer your question about buffing out scratches since I don't have any.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcuprof View Post
    After approximately 16 months my space black SS has no scratches. So either it's really tough and scratch resistant or I'm really easy on it. Probably some of both. I can't answer your question about buffing out scratches since I don't have any.
    Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know. Didn't want a scratched up mess after 6 months. Sounds like it is quite durable.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

with the 1st Gen and Series II, in both instances, I bought the SS SB. Worth it, in my opinion. I always felt the Aluminium didn't quite have the premium look and feel to it. Again, this is just my opinion...
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech_fan View Post
    Right now, i have the Stainless Steel first version of the Apple Watch. I love the shine and the looks of the silver. Then I decided to upgrade my phone to the 7 and elected to go with a black phone. Now, i want the Space Black Stainless Steel version to match my phone,

Thanks
    You can't buff them out of the black one. It shows pretty easily. I had mine for about 4 months and it already looked pretty abused once I sold it.
    tech_fan likes this.