I ordered a Nike+ for my girlfriend because she is a serious runner. That was the deciding factor on what model to get because it seems that watch is so intensely focused around running.
    You're a good boyfriend.
    11-10-2016 01:11 PM
    I have gone for 2 runs with my Nike+ watch using the Nike+ run club app and absolutely love it
    11-10-2016 11:32 PM
    As a Nike+ edition owner I'd still argue that the Garmin watches are better for serious runners; the Nike+ App is pretty poor really (so I don't use it) but there's a shortage of good alternatives at the moment. I don't regret buying my watch but until the various running apps get updates I have to run with my phone present so it's a compromise right now.
    11-11-2016 02:44 AM
    All that said, the Garmin devices are terrible smart watches which is why I put up with the current shortcomings of the Apple Watch as a running device
    eyecrispy likes this.
    11-11-2016 02:47 AM
    All that said, the Garmin devices are terrible smart watches which is why I put up with the current shortcomings of the Apple Watch as a running device
    Personally, I think the Garmins are terribly ugly. Being a woman with tiny wrists, all the big time running watches look like bricks on me. The AW, however looks just fine. Too bad it's not as robust of a running device.
    11-11-2016 08:36 AM
    Personally, I think the Garmins are terribly ugly. Being a woman with tiny wrists, all the big time running watches look like bricks on me. The AW, however looks just fine. Too bad it's not as robust of a running device.
    Garmin have made a lot of progress with the look of their devices but I agree they're still big. I thought the AW was going to be really chunky based on people saying they wanted it to be slimmer but was pleasantly surprised how much smaller it is compared to the Garmin that I had. At least the AW shortcomings for running can be addressed by app updates
    11-11-2016 08:43 AM
    I pretty much still wear my Garmin watch for my runs. The AW just does not show me enough data and I can't do multisport very easily on the AW. Hopefully with some updates this will improve. I'm also waiting to see what other apps like Strava will do when they update to take advantage of the built in GPS. That's the beauty of the AW, you are not tied to just 1 app. Right now though, it just doesn't work for me as a running watch
    eyecrispy likes this.
    11-11-2016 05:06 PM
57 123