Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,900 Global Posts

Default Best third party bands for Apple Watch

Now that I have an Apple Watch on order, time to think about bands. Since we're all probably well versed in the bands available from Apple (and Hermes), thought it'd be fun to put together a running list of some of the BEST third party Apple Watch bands.

I'll get this party started. Below are a few I've had my eye on:

Add your own choices (with links please) below!

Default Best third party bands for Apple Watch

I'm wearing Pad & Quill's Lowry Cuff and it's a really nice, high quality leather band from a very well known leather accessory maker.

Check it out here.
    Mark Guim likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,900 Global Posts

Default Re: Best third party bands for Apple Watch

Gotta love P&Q gear. Always quality.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

I second the Eoso Link bracelet as well as their Sport Band knockoffs. They are all pretty good quality. $70 for a link bracelet is a whole lot better than $500. P&Q makes good stuff but I haven't tried their bands, sure they are fine. I would like to recommend the Case Mate leather bands. They are a little small for my wrist but aside from that they seem to be good quality.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jtshurtleff View Post
    I second the Eoso Link bracelet as well as their Sport Band knockoffs. They are all pretty good quality.
    I just took a look at some of their stuff and it does look decent.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,900 Global Posts

If you have any others don't be shy. Share them here!
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I'm also looking at Lucrin. I like that you can choose the color of the connector: silver or black.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,900 Global Posts

Those are really nice. Such nice colors, and like you said love that you can choose the color of the connector.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Guim View Post
    I'm also looking at Lucrin. I like that you can choose the color of the connector: silver or black.
    I really like those bands!

My S2 watch is arriving shortly and I'm looking for another band.

Gentleman in the apple store mentioned that the bands for slightly different with the series 2 so should I hold off ordering until it's been updated? I previously heard the bands are compatible.
    iMore Intermediate

For sports bands, you can't beat Moko brand, available from Amazon.com. Other than the fact that the material is ever so slightly thinner, these are the closest thing you'll find to an Apple sports band. I don't have EVERY color Moko offers, but almost. My wife and I have an agreement - she has different shoes for every outfit, I change watch bands to match shirt color. No judgment.

For nylon bands, I just bought a pink one from Kartice and it seems identical to the one Apple nylon band I own.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stephxieh View Post
    Gentleman in the apple store mentioned that the bands for slightly different with the series 2 so should I hold off ordering until it's been updated? I previously heard the bands are compatible.
    This is absolutely the first I've heard about that S2 or any bands being different from the first versions.

I expected that there would be different bands available, but not incompatible. Maybe somebody with an S2 can speak to the compatibility with original bands. Given the number of people who have a number of bands, I'd expect we'd have heard about any incompatibility with the S2 (or S1) already.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Guim View Post
    I looked at their Classic Buckle and it looks every bit as nice as Apple's CB. But I was hoping to find a good leather band for a little less than what Apple wants.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Guy View Post
    This is absolutely the first I've heard about that S2 or any bands being different from the first versions.

I expected that there would be different bands available, but not incompatible. Maybe somebody with an S2 can speak to the compatibility with original bands. Given the number of people who have a number of bands, I'd expect we'd have heard about any incompatibility with the S2 (or S1) already.
    That's what I thought as well so I figured i'd take the risk on a couple of the sport bands on amazon. At 12 dollars it's worth the inconvenience if i have to return them.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,900 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcuprof View Post
    I don't have EVERY color Moko offers, but almost. My wife and I have an agreement - she has different shoes for every outfit, I change watch bands to match shirt color. No judgment.
    No judging here. Ever.

That's awesome.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tcuprof View Post
    I change watch bands to match shirt color.
    I might do that and see if anybody notices. But my sartorial splendor is somewhat limited in range, and it's not the right time of year to find a turquoise YSL or Ralph Lauren polo shirt, is it? I'd even settle for an iZod, but that's so '80s. <looking around for the October GQ>
    iMore Intermediate

I might do that and see if anybody notices.
    On a study abroad trip last May, I wore a different color shirt every day with a matching watch band. I wasn't sure if anyone noticed. One day I wore a long-sleeve shirt and one of the students walked up to me and pulled up my sleeve so she could see the watch band. "Just checking," she said.

By the way, here's today's combo - pink long-sleeve Columbia shirt with pink Kartice nylon band.

Best third party bands for Apple Watch-2016-09-29-13.02.14.jpg
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Some have recommended these to me: Black Leather - Monowear or https://www.hellonomad.com/products/leather-strap
    I've not ordered one, yet...
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

You can check from the apple store. I have 3 bands from my previous apple watch and they all install fine with my Apple Watch series 2.

1) Apple Milanese SS Loop
    2) Apple SS Link Bracelet (you can check from Apple's site that all 42mm size watches are compatible with the strap)
    3) 3rd Party Brown Leather Cuff strap
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,900 Global Posts

Love all the suggestions (and links) here folks! Keep them coming, I check all of them out
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MCube74 View Post
    You can check from the apple store. I have 3 bands from my previous apple watch and they all install fine with my Apple Watch series 2.
    Thanks for the confirmation. Changing the design of connectors is an Apple hallmark, but I really didn't think they do it for the Watch, at least not this soon. So I can continue to buy bands with abandon. Or as much abandon as my wallet permits. When that fails, there's always- plastic! LOL
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,900 Global Posts

It's an expensive hobby, but a hobby nonetheless
    iMore Intermediate

Best third party bands for Apple Watch-img_0009.jpg

I have two sports band, the leather one and the Milanese loop. All from apple. I don't trust the third party ones when it comes to quality.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hiri89 View Post
    I have two sports band, the leather one and the Milanese loop. All from apple. I don't trust the third party ones when it comes to quality.
    It's a pricey way to go but there's no doubting the quality of the bands. Those are also the two bands highest on my Buy Next list. I'm thinking the Black Milanese though.
    iMore Intermediate

It's a pricey way to go but there's no doubting the quality of the bands. Those are also the two bands highest on my Buy Next list. I'm thinking the Black Milanese though.
    I spent a lot of time at the store looking at the black milanese but I didn't know if it matched well with the aluminum watch so I ended up buying the grey one. I really hope apple doesn't change the apple watch any time soon... I want to keep using these bands with the next gen of watches lol
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,900 Global Posts

Yeah I hear ya! Would be nice to (eventually) have the choice between a new round design and the current one. Would open up a new world of accessories for Apple and others as well.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast