Can the Watch Series 2 be paired with 3rd--party HR straps?
This is a question for owners of the Watch Series 2... is it possible to pair it a third-party heart rate strap? I have a Scosche Rhythm+ paired with my Garmin Vivoactive via Bluetooth LE, and would like to keep using it and shut off the HR on the Watch if possible.
While I'm at it... I've also been using a Garmin foot pod for more accurate distance measurements during treadmill runs, but that's an ANT+ device. Will it sync with the Watch?
I'm looking forward to your answers before I decide on whether to place an order!
- 09-23-2016, 08:32 PM #2
- 09-25-2016, 09:59 PM #3iMore Intermediate
- 108 Posts
Re: Can the Watch Series 2 be paired with 3rd--party HR straps?
The WATCH 1st Generation was able to connect to both an external Bluetooth heart rate monitor and Bluetooth headphones at the same time. This hasnít changed in Series 2.
I canít speak for compatibility with individual devices, but you should be fine. Youíll connect by opening the Settings app on your WATCH (not iPhone) under the Bluetooth section. It should show up under the Health Devices subsection.
I donít believe Apple devices support ANT+.
- By James Falconer in forum Apple Watch Series 2Replies: 34Last Post: 10-21-2016, 11:06 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-23-2016, 08:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2016, 06:59 PM
- By koko359 in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 09-23-2016, 05:04 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2016, 05:00 PM