Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,633 Global Posts

Default Re: Apple watch series 2 battery life

I'm getting 2 day battery life on series 2.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,215 Global Posts

...same here, two days on my Series II. Albeit, I do need to make a point about using it more, i.e. not picking up my phone to read emails and such.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    I'm getting 2 day battery life on series 2.
    Does that include any activities that use the watch's gps? Battery life has been a complete non-issue for me with my orig AW. My only concern is that the gps may change that.

Quote Originally Posted by ivantwilliams View Post
    ...same here, two days on my Series II. Albeit, I do need to make a point about using it more, i.e. not picking up my phone to read emails and such.
    Wow. What are you using it for?
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    Wow. What are you using it for?
    Mainly notifications (email & iMessage).

Mainly notifications (email & iMessage).
    Thx. Sound like it'll be single day for me bc I use it for my runs and workouts.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,633 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcuprof View Post
    Does that include any activities that use the watch's gps? Battery life has been a complete non-issue for me with my orig AW. My only concern is that the gps may change that.
    No GPS. I'm actually at the end of day 2 and still 44%. So if no GPS, it's possible to get 3 days or close to it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

The battery life is sufficient for me. I typically take my watch off the charger around 5:30 a.m. for a 40 to 50 minute run, and use it throughout the day as well. I put it back on the charger around 10 p.m. or so, and have around 30 to 40% battery life remaining. Without using using the GPS I could likely go 2 days without a charge, although I'm not sure why I would. I already charge my iPhone and iPad every night whether they need it or not, and while it would be nice to have multi-day battery life on the watch, it certainly is not a deal breaker for me to charge it every night.

Quote Originally Posted by nnahorski View Post
    The battery life is sufficient for me. I typically take my watch off the charger around 5:30 a.m. for a 40 to 50 minute run, and use it throughout the day as well. I put it back on the charger around 10 p.m. or so, and have around 30 to 40% battery life remaining. Without using using the GPS I could likely go 2 days without a charge, although I'm not sure why I would. I already charge my iPhone and iPad every night whether they need it or not, and while it would be nice to have multi-day battery life on the watch, it certainly is not a deal breaker for me to charge it every night.
    Your usage pattern sounds in line with mine. I would like to wear my AW to bed for sleep tracking and to use the silent alarm, but since it needs to be charged overnight, I just use my fitbit.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,215 Global Posts

I just can sleep with my watch on. As a matter of fact, when it comes to jewelry, I can only have my chain on. Even my wedding ring has to come off.

Yes, weird, I know...
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    6,218 Global Posts

I just can sleep with my watch on. As a matter of fact, when it comes to jewelry, I can only have my chain on. Even my wedding ring has to come off.

Yes, weird, I know...
    You're so quirky :P (kidding)
    anon(153966) likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    Your usage pattern sounds in line with mine. I would like to wear my AW to bed for sleep tracking and to use the silent alarm, but since it needs to be charged overnight, I just use my fitbit.
    True, the silent alarm would be nice, and I do use a Fitbit solely for that purpose. That way I don't wake my wife up for those early morning in the dark runs

True, the silent alarm would be nice, and I do use a Fitbit solely for that purpose. That way I don't wake my wife up for those early morning in the dark runs
    Yes! Exactly! I haven't used an audible alarm in 2 years. My husband is thankful bc I get up so early to run and workout.
    iMore Expert

I could likely go 2 days without a charge, although I'm not sure why I would... and while it would be nice to have multi-day battery life on the watch, it certainly is not a deal breaker for me to charge it every night.
    Same here. It's not a big deal at all for me to just plop the Watch on a charging stand. I slept with it to use Sleep++, no problems. I charged it during my morning routine getting ready for work, and occasionally at night during my bedtime routine. It has never needed an overnight charge.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12