Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,901 Global Posts

Default Official: Waiting up for Apple Watch Series 2 pre-order pajama party!

Holding true to our tradition, we have a couple of pre-order 'pajama party' threads going on. This one here for the Series 2, and this one for iPhone 7/7+ pre-orders.

If you're staying up to order your Apple Watch Series 2, good on ya. Join us here and join the discussion! What are you going to order??
    DarlaMack likes this.

Default Re: Official: Waiting up for Apple Watch Series 2 pre-order pajama party!

I'm not pre ordering, however, I will be getting one ASAP! I'm so excited about a water resistant Apple watch!
    iMore Beginner

Default Re: Official: Waiting up for Apple Watch Series 2 pre-order pajama party!

All I know for sure is I'm getting the 38mm size. I originally wanted the rose gold, but the more I see the stainless steel watches with the milanese loops, the more I like them.

Right now I'm thinking the stainless steel with milanese loop (the silver one) and a dark blue sport band as well. Need to see the bands in person though!
    Last edited by Ariel484; 09-08-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

This threads aren't really helping me! I didn't want to pre-order the watch. I was thinking of simply buying the current model, for CHEAPER!
    But, after reading all these threads about the Apple Watch Series 2, I guess I have no choice
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,901 Global Posts

The series 2 is nice... bumped up specs, GPS... perhaps a little more 'future proof'... and water resistance. Am I forgetting anything?
    aokusman1 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

I'm on the fence about Apple Watch 2 purchase...to me my Apple Watch has a good screen, is water resistant to the extent I need it to be, and I do not need GPS. BUT the faster processor would be nice! The dam thing is so slow! I'm wondering if OS 3 will help make it more efficient and smoother? I LOVE the ceramic but I'm nervous to put down major money on a watch that is going to be outdated in a year. I would love to hear people's thought ....

Quote Originally Posted by doc16mom View Post
    I'm on the fence about Apple Watch 2 purchase...to me my Apple Watch has a good screen, is water resistant to the extent I need it to be, and I do not need GPS. BUT the faster processor would be nice! The dam thing is so slow! I'm wondering if OS 3 will help make it more efficient and smoother? I LOVE the ceramic but I'm nervous to put down major money on a watch that is going to be outdated in a year. I would love to hear people's thought ....
    No way I'm spending $1200+ on a watch -- esp on that is going to be replaced in 12-18 months. I don't even want to splurge for the stainless steel models.
    iMore Intermediate

I hear ya eye candy! I have the stainless steel watch one and really don't think it is worth it. My Rose gold sport stayed in great condition with a clear can't see screen protector. I'm really questioning if the stainless is worth it! My sport has no scratches but my stainless has scratches on the case I can't polish out!

Quote Originally Posted by doc16mom View Post
    I hear ya eye candy! I have the stainless steel watch one and really don't think it is worth it. My Rose gold sport stayed in great condition with a clear can't see screen protector. I'm really questioning if the stainless is worth it! My sport has no scratches but my stainless has scratches on the case I can't polish out!
    Eye candy? Lol. I just think the space black looks killer. But I will most likely go with the Nike+ model.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    Eye candy? Lol. I just think the space black looks killer. But I will most likely go with the Nike+ model.
    Sorry eye crispy lol....I don't think you can go wrong with any of the sports watches. Although I heard the stainless steal black is much less likely to scratch in the case.....
    eyecrispy likes this.
    iMore Pro

I'm looking at this for my next Watch:
    Official: Waiting up for Apple Watch Series 2 pre-order pajama party!-al-au-sport-w-cocoa-band-2.jpg
    I thought I would/could wait but the brighter screen is the big winner for me. All the other stuff is nice, and the DC processor might make a convert out of me. If so, then another Al Space Gray is next.

The Ceramic is a possibility but I want a better band. Not sure what but not just a Sport band.

Then there are the new bands...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Here and definitely waiting to pre-order series 2, 38mm, sport with nylon band. Already have midnight blue sport band coming.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    Am I forgetting anything?
    The biggie for me the brighter display. It's not listed as a general spec, strictly speaking, just the mention of 2x the brightness. That's a big deal for me.

I wonder if Apple bumped up the brightness on the iP7 line. It could use it as well.

The GPS is-- nice. But without data xmit capability, it doesn't do anything for me. In S3 Watch, maybe the SOS function will call 9-1-1, 9-9-9, 0-0-0, etc, notify your ICE contact, and send your GPS coordinates to the EMS agency your Watch contacted.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ReeseyKups View Post
    Here and definitely waiting to pre-order series 2, 38mm, sport with nylon band. Already have midnight blue sport band coming.
    Silver or Gold Sport? The Gold Sport looks great with the Midnight Blue band.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,634 Global Posts

If I only I could preorder the Series 2 as well, I'll be here in spirit though....
    RECON1 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Silver
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Guy View Post
    Silver or Gold Sport? The Gold Sport looks great with the Midnight Blue band.
    Actually getting the silver
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Order placed. Going back to bed now. Night all and good luck!
    afctee likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Placed my order...didn't see an option for in-store pick-up so I'll try to mess with that after I get some sleep.

Yay!!
    iMore Pro

I saw the option for Store Pick Up and didn't even think about it! Oh, well... Sept. 30 isn't that far away.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

After seeing my cart and the total on my iPhone 7 Plus 128GB order (with Apple Care), I'm going to wait to order a watch. I was very close, though
    DarlaMack likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts

Went for the phone first...got it for 9/16

Tried for the watch I wanted and it would be here when I'm on vacation, so skipping for now.
    iMore Beginner

I just ordered an Apple Watch Series 2 and I automatically chose the delivery option. Now I'm wondering if I should had opted for in store pick up.
    Above my order it says "delivers: 16/9/2016" which is the release day. Does this mean that it will be delivered to my house on release day, or that it will ship on release day?
    Basically, I want to get the device on release day or asap so was wondering what the best option was? If anyone has any experience or advice in this matter it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!
    iMore Intermediate

I'm waiting till the new soft wear is released and I asses how it works on my current Apple Watch...I can always get the watch in store after release..next years watch, I feel is going to be the BIG change in form factors and internals. Looking forward to September 2017!
    iMore Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Guy View Post
    I saw the option for Store Pick Up and didn't even think about it! Oh, well... Sept. 30 isn't that far away.
    I didn't see the option...or maybe I was too out of it at 3AM my time to notice. I'm going to call later today to try to modify it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast