Official: Waiting up for Apple Watch Series 2 pre-order pajama party!

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
After seeing my cart and the total on my iPhone 7 Plus 128GB order (with Apple Care), I'm going to wait to order a watch. I was very close, though :)

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Went for the phone first...got it for 9/16

Tried for the watch I wanted and it would be here when I'm on vacation, so skipping for now.

thomasliveshere

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered an Apple Watch Series 2 and I automatically chose the delivery option. Now I'm wondering if I should had opted for in store pick up.
Above my order it says "delivers: 16/9/2016" which is the release day. Does this mean that it will be delivered to my house on release day, or that it will ship on release day?
Basically, I want to get the device on release day or asap so was wondering what the best option was? If anyone has any experience or advice in this matter it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm waiting till the new soft wear is released and I asses how it works on my current Apple Watch...I can always get the watch in store after release..next years watch, I feel is going to be the BIG change in form factors and internals. Looking forward to September 2017!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the Watch but the ship date was Sept 30. It might have shipped earlier, but since I don't know that, I canceled my order. I ordered from a third-party for the same ship date and saved some money.

I'll get a couple of bands to satisfy my buying jones. For the moment. lol

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Pre-Ordered at 3:02 EST for a 42mm SS w/White band and my estimated delivery is 26th-28th! How is it I am never able to get in on the launch day :)

Hopefully my VzW rep gets me taken care of for the iP7+ on launch day :)

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So there might be a catch to my order.... waiting on the CIO to approve my expense report. If he doesn't I am cancelling my order which would make me SAD.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the Space Gray 42mm, same as my current one. Don't really like that it comes with a woven band, but I'll just swap it out with my black sport band.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Don't really like that it comes with a woven band

If you don't like the Woven band, you could probably sell it easily. I've got the Black Woven band on my Space Gray Sport and it looks great. Somebody would probably like to take it off your hands.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
If you don't like the Woven band, you could probably sell it easily. I've got the Black Woven band on my Space Gray Sport and it looks great. Somebody would probably like to take it off your hands.

Does it? Maybe I'll like it once I actually see it in person lol. If not I'll either keep it as a back up or try and get rid of it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I'll like it once I actually see it in person

Yeah, give it a chance. It's black with some gold lines down the bands. They're not that obvious on the site but you might find a good pic somewhere online. It adds a bit of style over the Black Sport band and also goes really well with the Au Sport.

But if you don't like it, offing it for some cash shouldn't be a problem.

walkingrock

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
After seeing my cart and the total on my iPhone 7 Plus 128GB order (with Apple Care), I'm going to wait to order a watch. I was very close, though :)

I caved and preordered both! Getting my first Apple watch, 38mm, Rose Gold Sport, with blue/pink woven band. to match my Rose Gold 128 gb Verizon iPhone! Oink, Oink! :D Hoping that the watch won't irritate my skin!

tmb2013

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have ordered the new one.

Sold my original today, haven't been wearing it for a few days - never thought I would say this, but I miss the damn thing. Alerts, it is my bedside alarm clock, activity monitor, etc - miss it.

Ordered essentially the same as what I had - 42 mm Watch Sport, gold case with the brown sport band. My first one had the midnight blue band.

I am a bit annoyed that they are saying delivery not until the week of October 4th. But what do you do??

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I am a bit annoyed that they are saying delivery not until the week of October 4th. But what do you do??

It's always possible that you'll get it earlier. When the Watches first shipped a year and a half ago, my SS had an ETA of almost two months. I got it on the second wave, about three weeks earlier. Regardless of when you get it, it'll be worth the wait.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of people ordering the Sport\Aluminium. Clearly it can't be that bad as some others seem to make out.
The price difference between the Aluminium version and the Stainless Steel (42mm), is a bit much!

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of people ordering the Sport\Aluminium. Clearly it can't be that bad as some others seem to make out.
The price difference between the Aluminium version and the Stainless Steel (42mm), is a bit much!

The first watch I ordered was the Series 0 Sport. I got nervous about the glass so I bought a second Series 0 SS. I have been wearing that for the past year and a half and could not be happier. My Series 2 is the 42mm SS because of the glass again. Plus it looks great with the Link Bracelet band!