What type of Apple Watch are you going to buy?

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
My S2 Stainless Steel with link bracelet will not be here for a few weeks. Just picked this one up from store. Will be using this mostly for swimming and workouts.

6fa9b24882f72bead6f950f979822c68.jpg

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Series 0 Space Grey Aluminum and I've dropped it/dinged it many times. I have some scratches on the face but nothing on the screen itself, just the bezels. It adds to the character and I don't mind, as it's a wearable.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Series 0 Space Grey Aluminum and I've dropped it/dinged it many times. I have some scratches on the face but nothing on the screen itself, just the bezels. It adds to the character and I don't mind, as it's a wearable.

My thinking as well. Can't wait to get mine!

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
My thinking as well. Can't wait to get mine!

Stainless steel looks better but I'm always a function over form (while both are very important) type of person. My friend wanted a stainless steel, got an aluminum, and when it came time to upgrade to series 2 he went aluminum again. His words: "why should I pay extra for a finish on a piece of technology that does the same exact thing internally?"

jjayr41

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Went to bestbuy today to try on a 42 and 38mm Series 1 watch. Walked out with a Series 1 38mm black (or aluminum grey whatever they call it)...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Walked into apple an Store today and bought this Series 2. Screw waiting 3-4 weeks for ordering.
fc6a560c56a63db529301271fbcaefe6.jpg

Last edited:

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Series 1 Gray Sport with black band. Reasons:

1. Only difference in processor between the two models is the GPS
2. Never walk/jog without my phone for security/safety reasons (ten year heart attack survivor wants peace of mind)
3. Don't swim for exercise
4. My original sport gray had no trouble seeing it in the sun
5. Still not enough of a form factor change to pull the trigger on the black stainless steel with link bracelet I REALLY WANT :laughing:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
As it stands now, my next watch Watches will be a Nike+ because I like the extra watch faces, and a Series 1 because I already have a Series 2 and the GPS implementation isn't fully functional. Maybe that could change with an update.

One of the Watches will be Space Gray (Nike+ probably) and the other will be Silver (Series 1 probably).

That could change depending on what Apple might announce this fall. If I had it to do over again, I would get a Nike+ instead of a Series 2. Choice is good.

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Series 1 or Series 2 (doesn't matter), which one(s) do you have your eyes on? I'm torn between the Nike+ and regular black on black series 2.

Post your picks here, screenshots welcome too!

View attachment 111168View attachment 111169

207894ee8129bceaf683a4790e4f19f7.jpg

I bought a series 1 42mm space gray couple of weeks ago. The reason i chose it over series 2 is because the added features of series 2 is not something than can benefit me now. If you have the extra cash then go all out for a series 2 watch.

Btw, Spigen rugged armor gave my watch some added coolness.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have the armory suit screen protector on mine. It covers the entire screen edge to edge and it is applied wet. I explained in another post is wet applied and should do at night so it can set. I am all thumbs and did a great job applying it myself. No issues with it. I have the series 1 in the rose gold and love it. I got mine new on ebay at a steal with extras as well. I don't need the GPS. If Apple were to make the watch as a standalone like Samsung has and it has its own number to use, but when rings it would be your phone's number, I would do it. As a standalone, would be a data plan and on contract. Can wear without your phone and I did like that when I had the Samsung with my Samsung phone. But I didn't need the series 2 as it is now. The series 1 is fine. Love it and the shape as well

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner