What type of Apple Watch are you going to buy?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a s0 sport and watch. I went with the SS s2 watch and not disappointed. I like the look of the SS better.

donpd

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I currently have the 42mm gold sport with midnight blue sport band and I absolutely love it. However, I just ordered the 42mm spay grey sport series 2. The main selling point was the faster processor and waterproofing for me. Future updates would be more sophisticated and demanding on performance so the dual core upgrade is worth it for me.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
For some weird reason, on order day, I didn't order a watch, just an iPhone 7 Plus, 128GB, Black. Then on 18th Sep, I decided to order an Apple Watch 2, Stainless Steel, Space Black.

Delivery date 18th - 31st October.

Woke up this morning, received an email with tracking info from Apple. Delivery 22nd September!
Well, well, what a start to hump day ;)

PS: I have a Series 1, brand new in the box. I bought it from Best Buy on Saturday, and still haven't opened it. I did so, hoping my S2 would be delivered early.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
i have my eye on the series 1. hoping i can find one (even used) for a good price.
my user case is that i'm a chef and when my hands are busy (always) i need to see the difference between an important call or one i dont need to answer. so a series 1 will suffice. still having a hard time seeing what the watch is useful for otherwise!

Warning the Series 1 have the new processor but not the new battery so you could see a drop in the battery life...

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Warning the Series 1 have the new processor but not the new battery so you could see a drop in the battery life...

Apple rates both the S1 and S2 Watches at 18hrs, with a lengthy footnote that includes:

"Battery life varies by use, configuration, and many other factors; actual results will vary."

I'm thinking that configuration will play a bigger part than the new processor. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

One of the best moves Apple has done in a while is make the Series 1 line. It's really a good balance of features and performance at a price point that's more friendly to those who may have been on the fence.

Apple won't tell us much about Watch sales but I bet the S1 line sells really well.

My S2 order is finally "Processed" and I hope to see it shipping in the next day or two.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've ordered a 42 mm stainless steel with white sports band. Apple says it will deliver between October 19 and November 1, but hope springs eternal that I will receive it sooner than that.

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
For some weird reason, on order day, I didn't order a watch, just an iPhone 7 Plus, 128GB, Black. Then on 18th Sep, I decided to order an Apple Watch 2, Stainless Steel, Space Black.

Delivery date 18th - 31st October.

Woke up this morning, received an email with tracking info from Apple. Delivery 22nd September!
Well, well, what a start to hump day ;)

PS: I have a Series 1, brand new in the box. I bought it from Best Buy on Saturday, and still haven't opened it. I did so, hoping my S2 would be delivered early.

Man lucky!! I ordered on the 18th too and still in processing. Congrats!!!

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Just received my watch ⌚️!
Strange cause I was looking to the ups tracking and no mention of
"out for delivery" and than the door bell ring...
Was first suppose to be 29th Sept. But it's here today the 22th !

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
My watch is now in Louisville, KY, waiting for customs to confirm the shipment. Once done, I guess UPS will arrange delivery (so, Monday\Tuesday, perhaps)...

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
My watch is now in Louisville, KY, waiting for customs to confirm the shipment. Once done, I guess UPS will arrange delivery (so, Monday\Tuesday, perhaps)...

At least it's shipped. Hopefully you get an update soon. Mine still says processing

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the silver aluminum series 2 42mm. Realllly wanted the SS but couldn't justify the additional cost when I read scratches are more noticeable on the SS. Order still in process shipping expected 10/11-10/24. It's my first watch.

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
They must be selling like hot cakes. I really wish I could stop by the store and pick one up. This 3-5 week waiting is going to kill me!

OMG yes! I've been stalking Amazon and Best Buy to see if they have them in store and nothing. Well Amazon has them but way more expensive than Apple.

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I canceled my series 2 order and went with the series 1. I don't need a GPS although the water resistant is nice, I know I won't be swimming with it. I can pick up the series 1 Watch after work!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Well there ya go. GPS is one of the things that sold me, so I'm going to have to wait :/ Let us know what you think once you pick yours up!

rrmachead

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I currently own a 42mm stainless steel watch, series 0. I'm going to upgrade to Series 2 but not sure if I should go to the stainless steel or aluminum version. Any thoughts?