Cool.

I really need to pop down to the local Apple store to check these out. Kinda wish I pre-ordered, but had way too many questions about the Nike+ vs regular Series 2.
    09-19-2016 11:22 AM
    I've had my Apple watch Nike+ edition for two weeks. Last night I went running in light rain with a wind proof running top on, which covered the watch. The Nike Run Club app quit its self twice and while running the watch enabled airplane mode! The sleeve collar of the jacket was quite tight against the watch face and it seemed to be activating the tech sensitive screen. Which doesn't seem right. Anyone else experienced similar issues?
    11-09-2016 04:30 AM
    Anyone else experienced similar issues?
    No, but then I don't run in the rain. I don't WALK in the rain.

Actually, I've had a similar problem on occasion with a nylon wind breaker. Wool might be a problem too. The Watch face uses capacitive touch, and just a guess– some fabrics can generate a capacitive charge which can affect the Watch. ANY water on the display can cause a little problem as well.
    11-09-2016 09:14 PM
    I've run two times w my AW Nike +. No issues w the NRC app activating/deactivating while running and I was wearing a long sleeve dry tech shirt over it. The GPS was on par w my former MS Band I and II for distance. This was all while using a Bluetooth headset for music.
    11-09-2016 09:14 PM
    I have the Apple Watch 2 Stainless Steel version and I am very happy with it. I was wondering if the Nike Sport App can be installed for my watch or is it only for the Nike + edition? I know the Nike watch faces are cool but it is not really a big deal for me. I already ordered 2 3rd Party Nike+ bands for my watch. Just was wondering about the Sport App if I can install that to my watch or not.
    11-09-2016 10:19 PM
    Yes.
    11-10-2016 09:31 AM
    I have the Apple Watch 2 Stainless Steel version and I am very happy with it. I was wondering if the Nike Sport App can be installed for my watch or is it only for the Nike + edition? I know the Nike watch faces are cool but it is not really a big deal for me. I already ordered 2 3rd Party Nike+ bands for my watch. Just was wondering about the Sport App if I can install that to my watch or not.
    By "Nike Sport App," do you mean the Nike+ Run Club? I installed that but don't know what it does or if I even want to use it. Unlike many of the runners here, I've always been quite happy with the stock Apple workout app.
    11-10-2016 02:22 PM
    Picked up the Nike+ edition pretty much exclusively for the breathable band. I like it so far. I don't use the nike app or watch faces though - I think the faces are tacky and I'm satisfied with the built in workout app for the watch. I don't want to have to create another account. Too many passwords to remember anymore. That being said, I like the GPS of the series 2. I also feel like they have dramatically improved the wrist heart rate sensor in the series 2.

I also have a Garmin Fenix 3 HR and I have to say I think the wrist hr on the Apple Watch Series 2 is better than the one on the Fenix 3.
    11-10-2016 10:13 PM
    I run a lot, and if you read my other thread, you'll know I'm considering the Apple Watch Series 2. That said, the new complimentary Nike+ Apple Watch looks intriguing, but I'm not sure I'd drop the $ on it over just a regular series 2.

Any feedback or advice on the pros and cons of the Nike+ edition over a standard series 2?

Note: I'm not that crazy about the Nike+ band options either. I'd feel comfortable wearing them out for a run, but in most other situations, I'd need to slip on another band!
    I mean, I would love a ceramic one, but I am not willing to shell out $1000+ for a watc
    11-12-2016 03:01 AM
34 12