What I am about to propose seems, at least on the surface, very un-apple-like. However, I would be delighted if I could walk into an apple store and "upgrade" the internals and/or the case on my apple watch. like a real jeweler might do with an expensive watch. what would make such a program very apple-like would be amazing customer service in their retail stores for such a service.
    08-19-2016 10:55 AM
    I recall there being discussion on podcasts like ATP about this idea--especially for the more expensive models, where people couldn't be expected to just buy a whole new watch every year--but I don't think it ever went beyond that. Seems like a great idea if they could figure out a way to make it an easy swap!
    08-19-2016 12:10 PM
    When the Watch first launched, maybe even before that, upgrading the internals was suggested or mentioned by several sources.

It's up to Apple to implement such a program, and they aren't keen on talking about projects. So there's really not much "to go anywhere". I have no doubt that Apple has considered that at some point. Whether or not they do it, will be a wait and see.

Even if Apple were to do this, it's a little early in the life span of the Watch to worry about retrofitting the internals. There's still a lot to be done with software. I don't see it happening, but anything is possible.
    08-19-2016 03:58 PM