- [ ] More health sensor of any kind
- [ ] GPS
-[ ] Battery life good for at least a day
- [ ] Warning that I have forgot my iPhone

IMG_1469502056.795873.jpg

racewayjay

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Interesting! I had the same experience with a Samsung watch two years ago. I returned it after three days. I was concerned about the Apple Watch having the same effect but it does enough that I am very happy with it. I have the Apple Watch 2 and am by happy with it, thinking of giving one to a friend as a birthday gift.

As far as an upgrade, hmmm, making it more "stand-alone" might do it. I like the idea floated before of Face Time being available with it and especially data downloads.

macuser82uk

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
i just hope if the new one comes out the battery is a lot better because if you are using the watch all the time for scribbling the battery soon goes down and you will soon have a flat battery in your watch

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
i just hope if the new one comes out the battery is a lot better because if you are using the watch all the time for scribbling the battery soon goes down and you will soon have a flat battery in your watch

Are you charging daily? I charge my Apple Watch overnight and have never drained my battery in a day's use.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
What would it take to make you upgrade?

A different style Watch, preferably round. Seriously, I really like my current Watches and can't think of anything I'd want different other than the inevitable speed/battery/thinness tweaks. wOS3 made the Watch even more useful and I think software upgrades will be enough for me.

Apple performs far more incremental than major upgrades on their computers, so I tend to keep mine for a very long time until something pretty major comes along.

I view the Watch in the same light. GPS doesn't mean much to me. Phone calls? I have a phone. Battery life is doable. Speed could be better.It will get a little better than wOS3, but not much. And that doesn't bother me.

I'd like an iPad iOS Watch that could be verified by my phone so I had more room to use the My Watch section. I'd like more watch faces. All software stuff. Without a style/color change, I'm good. Even if I did upgrade, I don't see me taking any Watch out of rotation.

macuser82uk

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
i do charge my watch over night but sometimes i do get a lot of messages coming to my watch so i am always replying to messages
so the battery does go down quite quick sometimes i can get up to 50 messages a day so i would be replying to 50 messages day
of coarse every message is a different length to scribble out but the battery does go down quite quick after loads of use

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Are you on beta? I'm not sure what you're referring to as scribbling out messages unless you are on watchOS beta. I have 42 mm sport and usually have almost 50% battery at the end of the day when I don't work out and about 20-25 on days I work out. Overall I've been happy with the battery.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I threw my Pebble in a drawer never to see the light of day once I got my Watch.

A new style of Watch will probably be the first and maybe only thing to make me want to upgrade.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Here a suggestion for Apple Watch 2.

Why not use the bottom side for an "always on time" !

You could look at the time politely in any circumstances without lifting your arm !

IMG_1472149756.358382.jpgIMG_1472149831.339106.jpg

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
You could look at the time politely in any circumstances without lifting your arm !

I could do that already when the Watch first shipped, until an OS update. Just rotating my wrist <40? would activate the display. If you weren't looking at me you'd never see the movement. Eventually, probably due improve battery life, it now takes a little more rotation and/or faster rotation if not moving my arm. Disappointing.

Even better battery life, though welcome, isn't a compelling reason for me to upgrade. Maaaaaybe GPS or an improved accelerometer so the Watch knows if I'm in a car or train or whatever and doesn't prompt me to stand up at 30/40/70mph.

At this point a new style of Watch would get my attention. Not just thinner. Something that looked different, like say- a round Watch. I've got three Watches. Bill Gates might say they all do the same thing so- nobody needs more than one Apple Watch. But style appeals to me. A merely thinner version of what I already have, doesn't.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Im upgrading because I like the latest and greatest. Not sure whats going to be different but I want the new Apple Watch 2

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I think I will buy the serie-1 with the new processor because I don't see the use of GPS since I always bring my iPhone everywhere anyway...
And it's 100$ less than the serie-2 that will be put on the Airpods !
My sport is biking so no need of 50M water protection.

The only thing that would make me buy the serie-2 would be if the speaker is much louder than serie-1...

Last edited:

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I think I will buy the serie-1 with the new processor because I don't see the use of GPS since I always bring my iPhone everywhere anyway...
And it's 100$ less than the serie-2 that will be put on the Airpods !
My sport is biking so no need of 50M water protection.

The only thing that would make me buy the serie-2 would be if the speaker is much louder than serie-1...

To answer myself I think the speaker is no better than the Watch 0 because Apple would certainly said "and the speaker is 2 TIME louder !" At the Event

So until someone test it I think it's still a weak speaker

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I agree that a camera doesn't make sense.

I think it makes no sense whatsoever. And it's a nigh impossible task for Apple. Their phone cameras set the bar very high with each iteration. Other manufacturers catch up or maybe even pass Apple, until the next phone.

There's no room for a decent camera in the Watch. So many people are complaining that it's already too big. Sell a substandard camera just to say "our Watch has a camera, too!" is not Apple's style. Then there's trying to may a decent UI for it. May as well make a wrist strap for the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox