Honestly...?

I had the AW1 for a whopping two days...before I sold it to a coworker. Why? I bought it on a whim, and I discovered within minutes that I didn't need to be THAT connected, and all it did was mimic my phone. That's not a bad thing...I guess I just expected more. Apple will have to wow me on the next generation AW to get me to drop coin again. I'm not saying I won't. Heck, I'm a guy who wants the latest mobile tech each year...but they better make it harder to say "no".
    Same here. Had mine for about a month and just wasn't for me. It's nice but I don't need to be that connected I guess.
    01-30-2016 06:33 AM
    The Hermes watch came out within weeks of when I bought a 42mm stainless model.

Waiting for next version of watch to justify purchasing the Hermes version. Rational? No way. Visceral? You bet!
    01-31-2016 06:12 PM
    There are a few things that I would love to see in the next generation that could get me to upgrade -

1. Better Battery Life - five days would be great
    2. Curve the watch - I previously had the new Pebble Time Steel and loved how they curved the back of the watch
    3. Sleep Tracking - better battery life would be key for this feature as well
    03-14-2016 11:50 AM
    Why would someone want to have FaceTime Camera that would affect the battery life of your watch?
    03-14-2016 01:00 PM
    The only thing that i think it's really important it's the GPS, i can't believe that they didn't put one inside the watch, i hope for an implementation in version 2.0 or in a "S" version
    03-14-2016 02:56 PM
    For me to upgrade, I would mostly just want faster specs, more convenience/usability and focus on quick interactions with the UI
    03-14-2016 03:03 PM
    I understand not having GPS in the first gen watch, just like I understood not having 3G in the first iPhone. I'm very happy with my Apple Watch as it is, but I would upgrade to 2nd gen if it had GPS included so I didn't need my phone when I went for runs.
    03-14-2016 05:23 PM
    I'm a sucker for Apple product and he watch is honestly my most loved one, so it'd just take any sorta speed improvement to get me to upgrade.
    03-17-2016 06:19 AM
    Why would someone want to have FaceTime Camera that would affect the battery life of your watch?
    It would be cool to raise the arm and say 'snap' for a selfie. But thats about it. It would not use any more battery than what it does today unless you use it. But lets be serious, you want be having a facetime call more then once to try it out.

Personally I want more battery, bigger watch around 52mm and sensor for UV light and blood oxygen level.
    05-11-2016 03:34 AM
    My AWS does what I need it to do so I'm not concerned about upgrading, but if a gps was added, I will definitely consider it.
    06-15-2016 06:41 PM
    I like my Watches and don't know what would make me upgrade, just yet. A different case, possibly, especially if it's a different shape.

GPS? Not particularly important to me, unless maybe battery life is greatly improved. I get by ok as it is, and will never complain about more battery life. But it needs a lot more if GPS is a feature.

One thing I don't want is Apple making the Watches thinner at the expense of battery life. In fact, if they develop new silicon or battery tech, I want them to keep the Watch's current battery size thus increasing mAH capacity, and not sacrifice an increase in the making of a thinner Watch.

Aside from that, more bands and faces and I'm happy.
    06-18-2016 10:57 AM
    Well that is a point, for sure, about sleep tracking. Not sure how well the watch does that though as I charge it each night. It does charge quickly, so I've seen people who wear it to bed and charge while in the shower
    That's what I do. The Watch works very well with the Sleep++ app.

But if you've got a busy watch face with active complications or use use Activity a lot, a sip of Apple Juice at in the evening might be in order. If I've had a heavy day, I'll charge the Watch during dinner, and put it on afterwards. That'll be more than enough to get me through the night. Put it on the charger during my shower and morning routine, and I'm set until the next morning.
    06-18-2016 11:08 AM
    I have an Apple Watch SS 42mm and a Apple Watch Sport rose gold. I really want to see the watch IOS 3 on my current watch before I would consider up grading. I hope they keep to the same form factor because I own a ton of bands. Better battery life and a faster processor will probably get me to upgrade. I don't think I would buy another SS. The sports models are durable and nice and light.
    07-01-2016 06:38 PM
    I bought my watch about 2 months ago. 38mm Stainless and paid $850 CDN. It would take some major design upgrades for me to change. I like my  watch.
    07-01-2016 08:19 PM
    I need to get one yet. I'm waiting on 2nd gen lol
    07-01-2016 08:37 PM
    - [ ] More speed for everything
    - [ ] Little bit thinner body curve on my wrist
    - [ ] More health sensor of any kind
    - [ ] GPS
    -[ ] Battery life good for at least a day
    - [ ] Warning that I have forgot my iPhone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1469502056.795873.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	486.3 KB 
ID:	109679
    07-25-2016 10:01 PM
    Interesting! I had the same experience with a Samsung watch two years ago. I returned it after three days. I was concerned about the Apple Watch having the same effect but it does enough that I am very happy with it. I have the Apple Watch 2 and am by happy with it, thinking of giving one to a friend as a birthday gift.

As far as an upgrade, hmmm, making it more "stand-alone" might do it. I like the idea floated before of Face Time being available with it and especially data downloads.
    08-04-2016 10:07 AM
    I just want it to come out soon.... I sold my Apple Watch 38 Steel and regret it so much.. Want the model to come out so I can justify a new one haha.
    08-10-2016 08:28 PM
    i just hope if the new one comes out the battery is a lot better because if you are using the watch all the time for scribbling the battery soon goes down and you will soon have a flat battery in your watch
    08-14-2016 05:52 AM
    i just hope if the new one comes out the battery is a lot better because if you are using the watch all the time for scribbling the battery soon goes down and you will soon have a flat battery in your watch
    Are you charging daily? I charge my Apple Watch overnight and have never drained my battery in a day's use.
    08-14-2016 06:57 AM
    What would it take to make you upgrade?
    A different style Watch, preferably round. Seriously, I really like my current Watches and can't think of anything I'd want different other than the inevitable speed/battery/thinness tweaks. wOS3 made the Watch even more useful and I think software upgrades will be enough for me.

Apple performs far more incremental than major upgrades on their computers, so I tend to keep mine for a very long time until something pretty major comes along.

I view the Watch in the same light. GPS doesn't mean much to me. Phone calls? I have a phone. Battery life is doable. Speed could be better.It will get a little better than wOS3, but not much. And that doesn't bother me.

I'd like an iPad iOS Watch that could be verified by my phone so I had more room to use the My Watch section. I'd like more watch faces. All software stuff. Without a style/color change, I'm good. Even if I did upgrade, I don't see me taking any Watch out of rotation.
    08-14-2016 12:54 PM
    i do charge my watch over night but sometimes i do get a lot of messages coming to my watch so i am always replying to messages
    so the battery does go down quite quick sometimes i can get up to 50 messages a day so i would be replying to 50 messages day
    of coarse every message is a different length to scribble out but the battery does go down quite quick after loads of use
    08-15-2016 03:38 AM
    Are you on beta? I'm not sure what you're referring to as scribbling out messages unless you are on watchOS beta. I have 42 mm sport and usually have almost 50% battery at the end of the day when I don't work out and about 20-25 on days I work out. Overall I've been happy with the battery.
    08-16-2016 08:25 AM
    Nothing, won't buy one. Very happy with my Pebble Time Steel and a batterylife of 5-7 days
    08-16-2016 08:40 AM
    I threw my Pebble in a drawer never to see the light of day once I got my Watch.

A new style of Watch will probably be the first and maybe only thing to make me want to upgrade.
    08-19-2016 10:34 AM
60 123