Apps & Digital Crown

paulinskip

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm loving my  watch and its fitted straight into my daily usage, however, I'm really struggling to find any decent watch apps, the only one I've found so far is a cycling one which turns my watch into a speedometer :)I'm loving all the built in apps and using them everyday via glances but all the other apps seem hobbled and take longer to use than pulling my phone out.

Second question is regarding the digital crown... Other than a unnecessarily large button it seems a little redundant, I have to touch the screen all the time for buttons so it's far easier to continue this and scroll up and down via the screen, much easier and quicker than the digital crown, was this just added to make it a bit more watch-like or have I missed something?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
First, there are very few applications that are "great" on the watch--except for the native apps. That will hopefully change in the fall.

Second, I use the Digital Crown all the time. I don't want to touch the screen anymore than I have to. Also, it makes zooming in to something very easy and cool.

paulinskip

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Yea the native ones are great, hopefully by the end of the year the apps will come into their own.

I agree that zooming is great with the crown, although you can't do it any other way but so far only maps and photos need zooming, maps I use rarely and photos on the watch is a 2 second amusement that I haven't been back into :)

Don't get me wrong I love the watch it just seems that the crown isn't really needed

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use the crown six of one half dozen of the other times... It depends on my mood I guess, but when you are scrolling through a lot of information, like in Twitter or my Calendar it is faster and smoother to use the crown.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I rarely use the digital crown with the exception of pressing to see an app I want to use. Using the touch screen is just easier and quicker for 'me'...;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods