BeWeather different forecasts on iPhone vs iWatch

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been using BeWeather on my iPhone for some time, and on my iWatch since I got that a little over a month ago, but now I think I need to find something else.

The two are not in agreement as to the current forecast.

Yes, you read that right. BeWeather on my iPhone is sending a different weather forecast to the watch than what it shows in the phone app, for the same geolocation.

So what is a good replacement that works and agrees with itself?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
eWeather HD offers watch. Also the temp badge. Nice visuals. Could the iPhone and the watch be set on different personal weather stations?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
eWeather HD offers watch. Also the temp badge. Nice visuals.
I'll check it out, thank you.
Could the iPhone and the watch be set on different personal weather stations?

I doubt it. The watch app appears to be using the GPS to just pull the local conditions and forecast (I sent Bellshare a support request two weeks ago to ask as the app does not indicate where the report is for and have not yet received a response), so it should be using the same station as the geolocated report on the phone.

I just tried and rejected WeatherBug. Rejected because their iPhone app has too many ads cluttering the report screen. Wunderground is under trial now (I use their web site on my desktop and prefer them as a source in other apps).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll check it out, thank you.

I doubt it. The watch app appears to be using the GPS to just pull the local conditions and forecast (I sent Bellshare a support request two weeks ago to ask as the app does not indicate where the report is for and have not yet received a response), so it should be using the same station as the geolocated report on the phone.

I just tried and rejected WeatherBug. Rejected because their iPhone app has too many ads cluttering the report screen. Wunderground is under trial now (I use their web site on my desktop and prefer them as a source in other apps).

Wunderground is good. But every time I get a banner notification for a Weather statement, I tap and go to the App. But it's never there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2