For now at least, I remain convinced of what I said before - my watch is at least as good as my Garmin regarding GPS accuracy and it's definitely faster getting a lock.
    My only beef with your conclusion is that the Apple Watch gives no indication when it has a GPS lock. It will either try to guess your location with WiFi, get GPS from your phone (if it is with you), or it will guesstimate how far you have traveled based on previous calibration until it actually gets a lock. Because the AW doesn't tell you when it has a lock, you have no idea how long it takes to get one. Your Garmin watch definitely lets you know when it has a lock.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    03-09-2017 03:10 PM
    Your Garmin watch definitely lets you know when it has a lock.
    Assuming you're patient enough to wait for it.

My wifi is strong in the street in front of my house where I start my runs, so I bet the watch using that to set the starting point.
    03-09-2017 03:21 PM
    Assuming you're patient enough to wait for it.
    Off topic, but a quick tip on the Garmin, if it is anything like my Forerunner: put the watch on the charger as you are getting ready to go out for your run. When you pull it off the charger, it will have an almost immediate GPS lock.
    03-09-2017 03:27 PM
    Off topic, but a quick tip on the Garmin, if it is anything like my Forerunner: put the watch on the charger as you are getting ready to go out for your run. When you pull it off the charger, it will have an almost immediate GPS lock.
    It's a Forerunner 220, so yes that is very useful advice.
    03-09-2017 03:29 PM
    I went back to using my Garmin Forerunner 220 for now. I noticed if my AW loses connection to my wrist for a second due to sweat and the pin lock comes up it stops tracking my distance. I clocked 8.4 miles after running 2 5 mile loops because it stopped tracking twice. Anyone else have this happen?
    03-14-2017 08:54 PM
55 123