Runkeeper on Apple Watch Issue?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone here use Runkeeper on their Apple Watch? I used it for the first time on an outdoor run last week and it only tracked 2 of the 4 miles I ran. Here is what I think happened ....

- Initiated my run from the AW Runkeeper app
- Ran for awhile and sometime around the 2 mile marker, my husband texted me
- I did not take action on the text
- When I got done with my run later and ended the workout, it said I had run around 2 miles when my Fitbit Surge tracked 4 (and I know the Fitbit is accurate)

I think that something happened when the text message came through and messed up the RK workout. Not sure why or how.

If anyone uses RK regularly, I'd love input.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I use runkeeper but I have only tried it with gps a couple of times. Did you have your phone with you? I have sometimes gotten somewhat accurate distance while running on a threadmill with the machine saying 2 km, phone is somewhere on 300 meters and watch at 1,8 km or something like that.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use runkeeper but I have only tried it with gps a couple of times. Did you have your phone with you? I have sometimes gotten somewhat accurate distance while running on a threadmill with the machine saying 2 km, phone is somewhere on 300 meters and watch at 1,8 km or something like that.

Yes, I had the phone with me. This was an outdoor GPS run.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Used mine the other day for a bike ride (also had my phone with me).

Half way through the ride, I tried to check my stats on my watch and it had quit tracking me. Had to restart the tracking again.

I hope the issue gets resolved - it's nice to be able to glance at my watch and see my time and distance.

JSSmith83

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
It was doing that too me pretty often before watchOS 3 so I quit using it and just used the activity app instead. I did try it the other day on watchOS 3 and it made it the entire run. Hopefully it's fixed!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner