Why Doesnt My Activity App Setup?

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I have set up my Activity app on my watch. I see the rings after choosing all the setup options. When I go to my phone, the Activity app says I still need to set up the watch app. I've looked on forums for over an hour and no suggestion is helping. I've reset both devices, much to my chagrin. I've verified privacy settings. I've toggled every setting I can think of.

One thing I notice, on the health app, either on the phone or within the Apple Watch app, I try to set my birthday, gender, height and weight--just like the initial Activity app setup on the watch--and it never stays set. I go right back to the screen after setting them and they all say "not set" again.

Someone please help? This is driving me nuts!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have set up my Activity app on my watch. I see the rings after choosing all the setup options. When I go to my phone, the Activity app says I still need to set up the watch app. I've looked on forums for over an hour and no suggestion is helping. I've reset both devices, much to my chagrin. I've verified privacy settings. I've toggled every setting I can think of.

One thing I notice, on the health app, either on the phone or within the Apple Watch app, I try to set my birthday, gender, height and weight--just like the initial Activity app setup on the watch--and it never stays set. I go right back to the screen after setting them and they all say "not set" again.

Someone please help? This is driving me nuts!

I know this isn't what you'd like to hear but it worked seamlessly for me and, being a very frequent user of this forum and seeing a lot of what people are posting, I'm not observing a lot of this particular issue. At this point all I can personally do is recommend that you contact Apple Support at http://support.apple.com. Apple Watch comes standard with 90 days of phone support. You can also schedule a Genius Bar appointment at a local Apple Store and bring in both devices. Maybe somebody else has some better advice but I'd hate for you to waste any more time spinning wheels. If I were you I'd go directly to the source.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I had he same problem with my iPhone 6SPlus and my Watch. What fixed it for me was going into the activity app on the watch and then I noticed the activity app popped up under continuity on my iPhone. I swiped up and it took me into the activity app on the phone. It then synched up and has been working fine ever sense

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I never noticed if Continuity did that but it ended up taking a phone reset and setting up as new. Not how I wanted to spend my afternoon but it's done now and works.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I never noticed if Continuity did that but it ended up taking a phone reset and setting up as new. Not how I wanted to spend my afternoon but it's done now and works.

If all else fails, restore as new. Works way more often than not. Glad you got it fixed!