Runtastic

Rturner003

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying out the Runtastic running app, the free version, now that it uses the watch heart monitor. I have used it now for four runs. I soon discover that for it to use the heart rate monitor you also need to go into the workout section on watch app and turn off the power saving toggle.

I think that my experience this morning covers my experience with the watch app. I set the system going from the the watch and started running. You can view your heart rate as you go along which is just as well as the Runtastic system does not record the heart rate with the lite version, I also thought it was either low or not showing the current rate.
As I was running, over a known route , I checked along for my distance and it was obvious to me that it was totally below the distance and then I notice the time running. Get the phone out the difference between the phone and watch was quite staggering, it was was about 12 minutes behind the time taken and up to to 2km less on the watch. This was not good all, I only wanted to run a certain distance and I was also under a time constraint.

When it came to the end of the run it was very difficult to get it stop from the watch, I force touch and touch stop but it just continued.

I was considering investing in the pro app for the heart rate, but not now.

I think I shall be giving the inbuilt outdoor run a go in future.

What is others experience in running with the watch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the paid version of Runkastic for a while (although not with the Apple watch) and like the extra features it gives you over the free version...however, have you considered using Strava? It's a little more limited on sports but I feel it has a much better interface. have a look at the free version and see what you think.

mavdbberg

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Same problem here, time counting and stopping where a big problem, now that seems to be solved. The following problem I am having is that I always use the workout and runtastic at the same time. Now the problem I have doing this is that the workout app is stopping the workout! So in other words, start the workout app after the countdown start runtastic and there start the workout. After switching to the workout app it will stop the workout..

Very strange,

Anybody else have this problem?