Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By caapuu
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

2 Posts
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Default Sleep tracking apps?

I replaced my fitness band with the Apple Watch and the most feature I miss is sleep tracking. Maybe somebody has the same problem and seeking a useful sleep tracking app for the watch. At the moment, I'm testing:

It's a very handy and clean app. So far, it works great on the watch and with Apple Health. But I must start and stop the sleep phase manually. Does anybody know of any plans that Apple supports automatic sleep tracking in the future, e.g. with an API to read battery charing times? Which sleep tracking app do you use on the watch?
    draustin46 likes this.
    iMore Genius

20,829 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,710 Global Posts

Default Re: Sleep tracking apps?

There will likely be more as developers got more tools for developing for the watch at WWDC.
    iMore Newbie

10 Posts
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Old thread, but worth mentioning that sleep tracking on a watch only tells you how much you move, not how well you sleep. Tried Sleep++ last night. At one point, I know I was awake for about an hour. Laying still, trying to fall back asleep. The app reported good sleep during that time interval.
    iMore Nanite

4 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I now use AW but for sleep I miss my Fitbit Surge (which I sold when buying AW) and sleep tracking with the Surge was pretty good, started automatic and showed sleep/awake times accurate as far as I noticed. Hope AW can do that too, with later updates 😊