Sleep tracking apps?

caapuu

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I replaced my fitness band with the Apple Watch and the most feature I miss is sleep tracking. Maybe somebody has the same problem and seeking a useful sleep tracking app for the watch. At the moment, I'm testing:

Nickerchen
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id995583865

It's a very handy and clean app. So far, it works great on the watch and with Apple Health. But I must start and stop the sleep phase manually. Does anybody know of any plans that Apple supports automatic sleep tracking in the future, e.g. with an API to read battery charing times? Which sleep tracking app do you use on the watch?

asherN

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Old thread, but worth mentioning that sleep tracking on a watch only tells you how much you move, not how well you sleep. Tried Sleep++ last night. At one point, I know I was awake for about an hour. Laying still, trying to fall back asleep. The app reported good sleep during that time interval.

JellymanEN

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I now use AW but for sleep I miss my Fitbit Surge (which I sold when buying AW) and sleep tracking with the Surge was pretty good, started automatic and showed sleep/awake times accurate as far as I noticed. Hope AW can do that too, with later updates 😊