Apple Watch installs apps I don't want

jakeair

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Have you noticed that when an app is updated in the app store, and has a corresponding Apple Watch app, it is automatically installed whether you want it or not. You have to look out for this and then delete these unwanted apps manually. I wish they wouldn't be automatically installed in the first place.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you noticed that when an app is updated in the app store, and has a corresponding Apple Watch app, it is automatically installed whether you want it or not. You have to look out for this and then delete these unwanted apps manually. I wish they wouldn't be automatically installed in the first place.

It's not happening on my end. The last app I install was the Hotel Tonight app. It's associated Watch app did not get installed onto my Watch.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
From my experience the auto install only happens if you update the app from iTunes then sync your device. I have updated a lot of apps from my phone and none of them installed the Watch counterparts. I plugged in and updated a few apps from iTunes and after the sync the Watch apps installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods