Apple Watch and Racquetball

ed1weaver

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
How would you set up the Apple Watch Workout App to handle playing racquetball. It's not your running, elliptical etc. Lots of starts and stops.
I'd like to use mine tomorrow for my match. Does anyone know what's available it "Other" when you select your exercise? My watch is on the truck for delivery today!!
Thanks,

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I think Other would be the correct choice. That is what I read on the Christy Turlington Burns blog. Honestly, I'm not sure how accurate it will be with something like this or tennis. So . . . make sure to let us know.

ed1weaver

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Saturday I played three games for my Rball match and one additional to test another exercise type.
Game 1 "Rower" results 118 calories burned, 16:53 minutes, avg. heart rate 146
Game 2 "Indoor Run" results 100 calories burned, 22:06 minutes, avg. heart rate 117
Game 3 "Indoor Cycle" results 90 calories burned, 17:11 minutes, avg. heart rate 117
Game 4 "Other" results 142 calories burned, 15:37 minutes, avg. heart rate 137
I play "A" ball so it's pretty intense. Heart rate is about right during games 1 and 4. Don't have a way to know about calories.
Guess I'll leave it on "Other" until something better comes along.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just played a solid hour of hard racquetball last Friday, and used Other. We were both really tired at the end - after a few games of cutthroat, the third guy left and we did three games of singles.

Basically, unless the specific thing I'm doing is listed, I use Other. That includes my P90X workouts. Works great.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW