Which Apple Watch App Do You Like Or Look Forward To Using?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's been over 1,000 Watch app applications submitted to iTunes. Use this thread to list any you may like, or wait until you're actually using them on your watch and review them here.
Here's Apple's list of Built-in apps for the Watch.
Apple - Apple Watch - Built-in Apps
The Camera Remote will be interesting.

Here's a few I may like:
Uber - You don't need to do a lot with Uber's iPhone app. You put in your credit card info, let it access your location, and that's about it. From then on, all you need to do is press a button to hail a cab. For Uber, a Watch app offers a quicker way for people to get to that button.

Dark Sky - It's weather info with the necessary notifications you can see at a glance.

Nike+ Running - A fairly fully featured app, offering run distance, pace, location, and history. Eventually this will be a great health app for the Watch.

Twitter - Twitter's approach is to offer just a little dab: from the main screen, you can look at your timeline or you can look at current trends, and that's it. You can't view every tweet. But you can see what's popular and you won't miss your DM's.

Honeywell - Honeywell may not be as widely known as Nest, but its Watch app is a perfect example of how Apple is moving into the home.

Shazam - This is a good example of the Watch working with the iPhone. Just tap the icon, and your phone listens to the song and the info shows on the Watch.

Instagram - Browse, "Like", leave emoji comments, and receive notifications.

Evernote - Apple says, "Get even more convenient access to features. Dictate a quick note. View recent notes. Set reminders. Find notes made near you. And see content related to an upcoming meeting."

tinyCalc - It's the calculator widget I've been using on my NC center. I like it's simple design and hope it works well with the Watch.

Mint Personal Finance - It's great on the iPhone, so I'm looking forward to what it does on the Watch.

Later this year, developers will be allowed to create native apps for the Apple Watch. This means the software can exist and run entirely on the watch, and it will open up all kinds of new possibilities.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
My dispatch software for calls. Also maps.

Everything else I am excited about. But not sure if I will use it all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Messages, Mail and the Phone feature will no doubt be among those that owners will look forward to using.

Mr_Kracker

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
While I await ApplePay in the UK, I'm looking forward to using the Starbucks passbook QR code, rather than pulling out my phone.

This alone will be a big deal on a daily basis for me! 👍

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the latest Evernote update with enhancements for the Watch.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to see how tinyCalc performs. There's another widget calculator, Wdgts, that will sync with the phone on the Watch.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
The Hit List, once it comes out, and also the email client I use is Mail Pilot, and they are releasing an update soon.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I love Dark Sky, so that. I found this really cool page yesterday called Watch Aware that showed all the apps. I screen capped about 30 to check out. I need a good converter- haven't seen one yet. Stepz. Wave. RemindMeAt. Stocard if it works...Runtime. Savor. Medication Alarm. Trails. Daily Bread. ETA. TL;DR Email. WaterMinder. Deliveries. Sunrise Sunset. Fitness Spades.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Also Passbook. I already love how boarding passes pop up when I get to the airport, like magic. And I love Apple Pay. Wish everywhere had it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is good news for us old geezers. WebMD and other medical apps will have pill reminders for the Watch.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428971914.321744.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
ProCamera 8 + HDR has updated for the Watch. This is my "go to" camera that sits on my dock.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429465011.757254.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods