Jailbreaking the Apple Watch

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Will there be a need to jailbreak and will it even be possible? If so, what do you think jailbreakers will do with the Apple Watch? I'm thinking jailbreaking will definitely happen, just for the sake of it, but I can't think of any compelling reasons to do it (yet). The software that will be available at and soon after launch meets pretty much every need I can think of for a smartwatch, but there are plenty of you out there more savvy than me (or at least with a different perspective) who may be looking to jailbreak ASAP. What are your ideas/plans?

anon(8708013)

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't jailbreak anymore. It's not worth it. It causes a lot of sluggishness and makes iOS vulnerable to all sorts of bad things (no I am NOT a fanboy, I do know that you can take preventative measures when you jailbreak, for those who might want to troll / flame me). iOS 8 has most of the features that I used to jailbreak for. As far as the watch is concerned, jailbreaking is most likely not possible due to the lack of USB connectivity. My plans are to stay unjailbroken on all of my Apple devices.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Gotta think there'll be a jailbreak available through some sort of connection, or maybe the functionality comes from a jailbroken IPhone.

Presumably that would allow for extra notifications and/or specially customized notifications.

If I get a first-gen Apple Watch, I may? But iOS 8 offers most of the stuff I'd have wanted to jailbreak for earlier. Question is whether it's just more if a hassle than a benefit.

thinkmandavid

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Why would anyone want to do that - it's not directly dependent on an IP. No contract, no need! Or are there other advantages; any disadvantages. Inquiring minds need to know!

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I could see someone jailbreaking it for customization but I don't think any other functions would be squeezed out of the watch. Personally, I wouldn't jailbreak it just because I don't see the need to do so at the moment.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Jailbreaking exploits security holes that are already there. I think it's good when people breach those so that Apple can find out about them and close them with their next software update. Plus jailbreakers come up with some pretty terrific ideas for Apple to copy! 😉

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77