Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob Phillips
  • 2 Post By eyecrispy
  • 3 Post By Rene Ritchie
  • 1 Post By Mac Guy
  • 1 Post By robertk328
  • 1 Post By eyecrispy
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Default Sport band vs. Woven

For those that have a Sport band and a Woven band, they do feel very different, no?

In particular once your body is hot (not from doing exercise), does the Woven band feel better than the Sport band?

Thanks

Default Re: Sport band vs. Woven

They both have a different feel as they're different materials. My woven bands seem much more breathable, especially when hot. I usually wear a woven band if I know I'm going to be some place warm or engaging in physical activity.
    afctee likes this.

I use the sport band when I'm running or working out and woven band for work or other things. I don't want the woven band to soak up sweat.

They're both very comfortable and I love them for different reasons.
    afctee and ame like this.
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,490 Global Posts

Yes. I've tried several of both. I currently prefer the woven nylon, because it seems to breathe better, and I like texture.
    afctee, Rob Phillips and M_A like this.
    iMore Pro

Once they're on my wrist, I honestly don't notice any difference. It hasn't been warm enough for me to tell if the Woven breathes better, which, obviously, it should. The Sport band doesn't breathe at all.

So I only change them for the look and situation. I want an Argyle band to match my socks.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts

I have both. The woven is nice in hot and cold weather. Looks more stylish then the sports bands. Right now I have been wearing the sports bands more. But I must admit that the nylon are my new favorites. I just like the fact that they have contrasting colors.

Quote Originally Posted by tech_fan View Post
    I have both. The woven is nice in hot and cold weather. Looks more stylish then the sports bands. Right now I have been wearing the sports bands more. But I must admit that the nylon are my new favorites. I just like the fact that they have contrasting colors.
    Agree. I love the look of the woven nylon bands. It is casual but you can get away with it at work.
    iMore Intermediate

I wear the sports band for running since I want to be able to wash it afterwards. Otherwise what's most important to me is that the band match my shirt color.

I prefer the fit of the sport band, but there are times the woven is more appropriate (work, etc.). But both are super comfortable.
    Mac Guy likes this.
    iMore Pro

The Sport band fits me juuuuust right whereas the Woven band on occasion is sometimes a tad loose or a tad tight.

Not wanting the crease the Woven bands and prematurely wear them out, bending the band to buckle and unbuckle makes me cringe a little. No problem with the Sport band.

The Woven bands do add a nice touch for a less casual look.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Guy View Post
    The Sport band fits me juuuuust right whereas the Woven band on occasion is sometimes a tad loose or a tad tight.
    Exactly my issue!
    iMore Newbie

is the woven band sweat proof? I'm thinking to wear it to gym. thanks!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

I've been wearing my woven band during my workouts and haven't had any issues with it at all. The only time I notice it wet is after I wash my hands. I haven't felt it get wet after workouts yet.
    Last edited by jaleesag88; 10-20-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenjaminli View Post
    is the woven band sweat proof? I'm thinking to wear it to gym. thanks!
    I don't think it's sweat proof. I only wear the sport bands to the gym or to run. It kind of grosses me out to think about sweat soaking into the band. The sport bands are easier to clean.
    ame likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,556 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaleesag88 View Post
    I've been wearing my woven band during my workouts and have had any issues with it at all. The only time I notice it wet is after I wash my hands. I haven't felt it get wet after workouts yet.
    I use my nylon when exercising. It doesn't get all sweaty like the sport band does. I think the nylon just breathes so much better. I think the sport bands are poo honestly.