Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jcstek
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

50 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

Default Pad&Quill Classic Band

Pad&Quill Classic Leather Band

Classic meets modern.

Pad&Quill, as always, beautifully combines luxury and technology in a way few others can do. Since it is just simply a band for a watch, it would be hard to call this a review. Instead, we will call this, ďJCís Stream of ConsciousnessĒ about this Classic Leather Band from Pad&Quill.

The Look

This is a watch band. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Pad&Quill calls this their Classic Leather Band and for good reason. There is a very classic look and feel to it, which honestly, looks awesome. I received the British Tan color which is essentially a light brown, almost caramel (how do you pronounce it?) color. I have the 42mm Apple Watch stainless steel version and this color combination is nothing short of gorgeous. The shiny, albeit now slightly scuffed, metal is beautifully complimented by the tan leather. The band that I received had a black buckle and lugs which truthfully was just fine for me. Even though it wasnít the same color as the casing, the black metal was a wonderful compliment to the silver. Iím also not one of those people who constantly stares at my wrist to study every single detail that is there so the black didnít bother me at all. This color combo also goes pretty great with just about everything in my wardrobe.

The leather is also complimented well by the stitching. The stitching is a black, UV resistant thread that rounds out the classic look. Pad&Quill prides themselves on making hand crafted products and one place where that really shows is in the stitching. Not that it looks bad or sloppy at all. Quite the opposite. Being able to see first hand the expert craftsmanship that went into this band is a really nice thing to have especially in something as seemingly simple as a watch band. It really gives the feeling that this band belongs with this watch.

As further proof of the handcrafted workmanship, each artisan personally initials their product. Mine was made by an artisan named ďBCĒ and the fact that the artisan was willing to attach their name to their work really shows how much care and effort they put into making it. I can truly say that I have a handcrafted, luxury band for my Apple Watch. Something I canít even say about Appleís own watch bands.

Lastly, as with all leather, this band will wear over time. After wearing it every day for a month, it started to show some of the beautiful weathered color that leather is known for. I canít wait to see how it looks after 6 months.

The Feel

The band is made out of soft-tumbled Full Grain leather and all that means essentially is that this thing feels goooooood. Itís not quite the softest leather youíve ever felt, but thatís good because itís more durable. It still feels great against your wrist. It never pulled my hair or caused any discomfort what-so-ever. Yes it is leather so it will take you a little while to break it in, but once itís there, mmmmmmmmmmm.

Thereís plenty of holes in the band so youíll easily be able to fit it to your wrist and I believe they even just made a new, longer strap for the 42mm size. I have small wrists so I didnít have to worry about it, but if youíre He Man, then that might be good to know.

Worth It?

Absolutely! Iíve worn a few different bands with my Apple Watch and this one is by far my favorite. Itís also the one that Iíve worn the longest and thatís not by accident or laziness. I really like this watch band and Iíll wear it as long as I can. Itís certainly not the cheapest at $99 but in my opinion, itís far better than Appleís own bands which are $150. The other great thing is you can customize the color leather that you want, with the color of metal lugs and buckle that you want. Apple doesnít offer that option.

Basically, if you want a beautiful, handcrafted leather watch band, get this one.

Do it.

Do it right now.

Iíll make it easy for you. Hereís the website:

Classic Leather Band for Apple Watch by Pad & Quill

Which color did you get?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    iMore Beginner

81 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,060 Global Posts

Default Re: Pad&Quill Classic Band

Classic hits it right on the mark. I'm jelly. IMHO, it really elevates the look of your Watch and puts it in that classic league that certain watches attain for me when they show a high level of unpretentious styling. And even in the pictures and vid it just oozes class... Kinda like you, JC.
    Community Manager

1,094 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,522 Global Posts

@jcstek - great review!!
    iMore Intermediate

287 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

...how long did it take from order to delivery (I watch the video, but didn't read the post)?