Extremely bad experience in order X-Doria Defense Edge

chanxin

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I want to share with you guys on my experience in pre-ordering X-Doria Defence Edge for Apple Watch. Their customer service really pissed me off by cheating me from time to time and eventually THEY canceled my order and refunded to me at last minute, but having other customer?s order being fulfilled. I hope this disclosure of the details of email communication can act as an alert to you in ordering from them.

I pre-ordered on 10 April for the Gold Color option but changed my mind to silver after 2 days. I got confirmation from the customer service representative Kim Brown that she would take care of my pre-order.

On 27 April, I checked my order on their website and it said my order had been fulfilled but I did not receive any tracking numbers for the shipment. So I emailed Kim again to clarify.

On 28 April, she replied me that due to a manufacturing delay, this product would not ship until late May or early June. I could change, cancel my order to accept a 20% refund of the cost if I could wait. I chose to enjoy the 20% off and I received the refund a couple of days later. Here's the email I got:

In our last communication, we promised a shipping date for all orders in May. Orders for Defense Edge have finally left our factory but unfortunately, we are going to fall short of our promised ship dates once more.

To give some explanation, Defense Edge is made by a complicated process where we first mill a block of aluminum, anodize it and then inject soft plastic around the interior surface. As we entered mass production, our initial results were not meeting our high standards. Production has since stabilized and we are able to give more precise ship windows for your orders.

Apple Watch 42 mm Silver - Silver units of Defense Edge have landed in Los Angeles and are in the process of transferring to our fulfillment warehouse for shipping. Shipping Window - June 1 - 5 Gold - Shipping Window - June 22 - 26
Apple Watch 38 mm Silver - Shipping Window - June 15 - 19 Gold - Shipping Window - - June 22 - 26
Again, we deeply apologise for the delays in fulfilling your order. Please know that if you have changed your mind about purchasing Defence Edge, you can reply to this email and we will quickly refund your money.

We appreciate your interest and business. We are working to get Defence Edge into your hands as soon as possible.
So I acknowledged the email by replying and hoped they could ship as scheduled.

On 19 June, I still haven?t received my tracking number so I emailed them again. And here is the email that pissed me off that they couldn?t even give a valid reason on canceling my order at their side, while they said the shipped to some other customers indeed. This is completely a discrimination, unfair and unprofessional, as they should say to themselves instead!

A few weeks ago, we began shipping our Defense Edge in silver for the 48 mm Apple Watch. While our production continues, yet again, we are unable to maintain our latest schedule to you.

At this point, it would be extremely unfair and unprofessional to hold your money or to make further schedule commitments as those commitments would not be credible.

So today, we are refunding your money. Defense Edge in multiple colors will continue to launch this summer but the timing is unknown. When the remaining models of Defense Edge are safely in our warehouse, ready to ship, we will make it available for purchase.

As our apology, here is a discount code for 50% off anything in our store. You can use this code for a future purchase of Defense Edge or anything else you like.

Again, we apologize for the delay.

So, STOP PLACING YOUR ORDER ON X-DORIA NOW OR YOU WILL BE THE NEXT ONE!

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I like that! Checked out the Defense Gear for the 6+ as well and I do believe I'll be ordering both. Thanks OP for the heads up on what looks to be a very nice guard for both my watch and my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice