Bit disappointed in the Leather Loop Band

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I received my black Leather Loop Band the other day (got the Black Sports band with the Watch originally) and I must say I am a bit disappointed in the way it feels when wearing it. No complaints about the look or construction of it, just feel that when I have on the Sports band, the Watch feels much more comfortable. Don't know why - possibly because the side of the band facing my wrist has that same bumpy texture of the side you see. I like the idea that the band can be made as loose or as tight as you wish, but if it is too tight it leaves marks in my wrist and too loose it loses contact and the Watch locks.
Anyone have one of the Leather Loop bands and want to comment on how it feels to wear it?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a leather band for my Apple Watch--not yet anyway. However, this is why I never wore a leather band on other watches: I didn't like the fit or feel.

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I am loving the leather loop. The quick adjusting with it is great and I wore it during a workout today, which it performed very well.

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you get the S/M or M/L and 38 or 42?

If you are asking me I have the 42mm stainless steel watch and had the s/m leather loop. Ended up returning it to Apple and got the Black Classic Buckle and much happier with the feel wearing it. I guess because the backside of it is flat as opposed to the Leather Loop that has the same bumps and grain that is on the outside.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yup asking you because if you still had it I would have taken it off your hands

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
You guys aren't livid about how underwhelming the watch was?

Was underwhelmed at first but now have integrated into everyday life. Not perfect by any stretch, but find myself doing since like reading texts, emails, and declining calls without taking my phone out of my pocket. Sounds lazy, but I've gotten use to it. Now onto the Leather Loop. At first only liked Sport Band with my 42mm Stainless Watch. Bought blue leather loop and milanese. Wear the milanese out and have really gotten use to it! The leather loop feels like I'm getting Tapped constantly. Not sure why, but I'm constantly checking it like I'm being notified. So while I really enjoy using for fitness with Sports Band and wearing regularly with Milanese, the Leather Loop was a waste of $150

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Was underwhelmed at first but now have integrated into everyday life. Not perfect by any stretch, but find myself doing since like reading texts, emails, and declining calls without taking my phone out of my pocket. Sounds lazy, but I've gotten use to it. Now onto the Leather Loop. At first only liked Sport Band with my 42mm Stainless Watch. Bought blue leather loop and milanese. Wear the milanese out and have really gotten use to it! The leather loop feels like I'm getting Tapped constantly. Not sure why, but I'm constantly checking it like I'm being notified. So while I really enjoy using for fitness with Sports Band and wearing regularly with Milanese, the Leather Loop was a waste of $150

Wanna sell it?!

mamuwaldie

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I purchased a third party leather loop band off of Amazon and it's nice. I do notice that the ridges on the Apple version are a little more deeper than the one I have. I just did a visual and did not try it on at the store, so I can't give a comparison as far as feel. The Apple band appears to be harder too. I can't say if it will last in the long run, since I've only had it for about 3 weeks, but so far so good. Anyways for almost $50 it wasn't a bad purchase.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the black leather loop and love it. I don't wear it everyday, just when dressed up or going out, not to work everyday. For everyday use I wear one of my sport bands.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving the leather loop so far! Should only get better as it breaks in too...

0ec9e96a0e359ac6b30f9d6f749a68de.jpg

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Got the black loop today, and I'm not very thrilled with it. Seems to loosen up too easily, so the watch ends up flopping around. Don't think I'm catching it on anything, but it became loose several times in the course of a few hours today (with not doing much - just office type work).

I am quite impressed with the "cheap" sports band. They're extremely comfortable and I guess we'll see how durable they are. They're much more than a cheap plastic band for sure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234