Bit disappointed in the Leather Loop Band

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Got the black loop today, and I'm not very thrilled with it. Seems to loosen up too easily, so the watch ends up flopping around. Don't think I'm catching it on anything, but it became loose several times in the course of a few hours today (with not doing much - just office type work).

I am quite impressed with the "cheap" sports band. They're extremely comfortable and I guess we'll see how durable they are. They're much more than a cheap plastic band for sure.

I've never had my loosen but sometimes I need to adjust depends on how active I am or not. If I'm very active, my wrist tend to swell a bit and might have to loosen one loop. I can tell that it never loosens or tightens because I now I have any loops I have showing by where the band ends. Since I have skinny wrists, I usually have 7 loops that it doesn't over lap with.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've never had my loosen but sometimes I need to adjust depends on how active I am or not. If I'm very active, my wrist tend to swell a bit and might have to loosen one loop. I can tell that it never loosens or tightens because I now I have any loops I have showing by where the band ends. Since I have skinny wrists, I usually have 7 loops that it doesn't over lap with.

I have pretty skinny wrists as well. Didn't count how many loops I had, but it was at least half overlapped. I don't know. I'll try it for a couple of days, but so far I'm kind of disappointed in the leather loop. (Bought another sport band, though.)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It looks so dope!

Having second thoughts on whether to exchange my SG Sport to the SS Black, any tips Garz?

Or shall I wait for 2nd Gen?

The space black SS is much nicer than the space gray sport. Don't expect to see the watch 2 until fall so it's your decision.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I bought one and it sucks Because they don't hold closed it opens to quickly

Did you buy it directly from Apple or from a third party? I have a third party Milanese loop that has the same issue but my colleague's Apple Milanese loop holds perfectly.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy it directly from Apple or from a third party? I have a third party Milanese loop that has the same issue but my colleague's Apple Milanese loop holds perfectly.
I found a third party Milanese loop band on Amazon and it's as though it's been glued. Very strong magnet.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I found a third party Milanese loop band on Amazon and it's as though it's been glued. Very strong magnet.

Strong magnet should be the right one. My original one's magnet is also very strong. Some aftermarket ones have only a mid-strength magnet which also doesn't last very long too.