Is anyone having a problem getting the bands to lock in place?

tvym

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem with any of their bands? My loop will not lock in on one side of the watch. What are we supposed to do for band issues? Is that a genius bar appointment as well?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I've seen on Twitter that some people are having issues with the band only locking in one direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
tcuprof said:
I have the opposite problem with my Apple nylon band. It is very difficult to get in/out.

I had a similar problem with my Apple nylon bands. Mine turned out to be operator error. By holding the Watch in one hand and the band in the other. Moving the band up and down slightly while simultaneously it sliding out, let me to find the exact line up between the Watch and band that kept the band itself from rubbing against the Watch and let the lug slide out relatively easily.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Similar issue here. The stock sport band that came with my watch (series 1) is a little tight to get on and off, even wiggling the band as mentioned above. I bought a woven band and it's almost impossible to install or remove. Got a replacement from Apple and had the same issue. Bought a 3rd party Nike copy and it attaches and detaches with ease and really locks in place when installed.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I got a Black Apple Nylon band for my series 0 when the bands first came out. Never had an issue. But for my series 2 watch, the strap portion of the band (without the buckle) would not lock into place on either side of the watch. So I went into my local Apple Store and showed one of the sales reps. It turned into a bit of a spectacle as she proceeded to show a couple of other sales reps and even tried putting the band on other watches. Since I had the receipt for the band, they exchanged it for a new one. Opened up the box and bam, hooked in without an issue.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with any of my Apple or third-party bands.

And I hope I didn't just jinx myself. I have found that if I hold the band at some kind of angle, I can induce some binding. By changing the angle, it goes away. Sliding the band in a little slowly lets it click in place.

There is always the possibility of manufacturing tolerances being outside acceptable parameters.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner