Do you plan to buy a lot of bands for your Watch?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
After seeing how easy it is to replace the band on the Apple Watch, I can see myself buying a few of them.

Definitely will getting a metal one to go with the Watch along with a black sport band.

... and that is just starting.

How about you?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Karen. Right now I'm eyeing the white sport watch. I would like to add a metal band as well if priced reasonable

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Like everyone else said, price is an important factor. I'll get at least two to start, same as the OP I plan on a black sport and the metal link band (which looks like it will be included with the stainless steel Apple Watch, but may not be?). After those I may get a leather band classic style. We'll see! Not too much longer now... :)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Pricing is my main concern. I will go with the Sport band, seeing as I'm getting the  Watch Sport. I really would like the Stainless Steel Link Bracelet that is shown in the Classic  Watch as well. It all depend on how much the bands will cost though for me.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
It appears the watches will be sold in specific configurations, such as a stainless model with a stainless band, or a Milanese Loop, or a specific non-metal band. I'd guess the 18 configurations being sold are those shown on Apple's web page: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU2468330%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=ZBGQpF5G

Then, all those different fluoroelastomer bands will be sold as accessories. I believe the new Retail VP Apple hired will be really pushing the extra bands as a profit centers, according to recent news posts, so maybe the nicer bands will also be available as accessories.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Well- we all know the prices now! :-( I was bad and got the one band I truly wanted, the stainless links. I like to wear my watch pretty loose, so I think it would be good to get the green sports band so I can wear it tight enough to get a HR. Or maybe I won't feel like changing it back and forth every day. I wear a SS link watch at work now.

I really love the pale pink modern band, but OUCH! Might get a knock-off. I also love the red leather buckle.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I will be starting with two bands, Milanese (which comes with) and the blue sport (I bought separately). Since I run regularly I needed a sports band, but really wanted an everyday band as well.

Jaritch

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I am a massive fan of apple products. What I have seen of the watch does nothing to change this. However I find myself really struggling with justifying the prices for band or straps as we call them here in Scotland. ?379 for the link strap; ?209 for the modern buckle and ?129 for the milanese loop. Are these things made from gold dust or something. I often find myself defending apple products easily because of the quality, but in no way can I possibly defend these prices for lets be honest a watch strap. Am I missing something? Please enlighten me.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I am a massive fan of apple products. What I have seen of the watch does nothing to change this. However I find myself really struggling with justifying the prices for band or straps as we call them here in Scotland. ?379 for the link strap; ?209 for the modern buckle and ?129 for the milanese loop. Are these things made from gold dust or something. I often find myself defending apple products easily because of the quality, but in no way can I possibly defend these prices for lets be honest a watch strap. Am I missing something? Please enlighten me.

I just think, like most apple products, the "official apple" accessories will have a higher price point than what they "should", (which is debatable) but many people feel more comfortable using the official products.

I'm wary of using any 3rd party bands......at least initially. Maybe generation 2 or 3 when it's been on the market for awhile.

I compare the bands to something it to the iphone cases. Their silicon cases are $35 / $39........compare that to countless silicon 3rd party cases that are much cheaper.

I think the cost is high, but based on some of the reviews I've read, the quality is good.

Apple is pitching style for it's watches, so even the bands have to reflect that (as well as their price)

iBill 100

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I found an interesting problem with the leather loop and my wrist size. The medium was too small and the large was too big. So I chose a different band.

I'm getting the 42 mm stainless steel watch. My wrist is 7.5 inches or 190 mm. The medium was too small. I had to unhook the band to get the watch over my hand then reassemble the band. The large was big enough to slide my hand into the band. However the band was so large that it wrapped around my wrist enough that the end of the band was visible when looking at the watch on my wrist. I guess I need a bigger wrist :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm going with the sport band and then waiting for third party. I really like the Milanese Loop and the Space Grey band that comes with the space grey Watch.

Riley2521

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Wait....will the Milanese Loop work with the Sport? I thought the Sport had different connections? No? I have a Sport and would like a Milanese Loop!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711