Would you accept an infrared controller on the watch 2

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It would make the watch a little bulky but if they plan to thin it out I would like to see it stay the same and give me a universal type infrared controller so I can control more than my  TV

I use to own a watch I bought in a tech magazine with that feature and use to enjoy changing the channel at local bars and restaurants until it died on me

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Nah, personally it wouldn't interest me, more of a gimmick than anything. Had it on a Samsung Gear 2 Neo, never used it. I'd rather see the watches resources put to other uses, as for me I'd like to see more health related uses. Perhaps native sleep monitoring, pulse oxymeter.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
If it made the watch bulkier than it is, then hell no. if it made the watch more expensive because of having it, then hell no. If it was just an added extra that didn't impact the cost or size then I guess so.

I had one on a watch a few years back and it was nothing more than a gimmick I used to control the TV at my local bar. The joke got very old, very quick.

And this is coming from someone whose entire house is using NEST, HUE, Harmony and other smartphone controlled appliances and amenities.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't bother me if it was included or not, especially if the watch size remained the same.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
The watch size, as it is, is fine...and could only be a little thinner. If the infrared controller would necessitate a bulkier case, I'd decline.