What would it take to make you upgrade?

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I bought mine sometime back In my and I love it but Im a tech guy so I probably would upgrade to It just because its something new. I have the Sport 42mm

clickitykeys

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Charge it each night when you go to bed. Never wore my pebble while sleeping anyway.
Besides this thread is for those who have the first Apple Watch and what would make them upgrade :)

I actually wear it to bed, as it tracks sleep pretty nicely, and provides an excellent alarm without waking up the significant other :). But, I see what you mean about the thread being only for Apple Watch users, so I'll take my comments elsewhere.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually wear it to bed, as it tracks sleep pretty nicely, and provides an excellent alarm without waking up the significant other :). But, I see what you mean about the thread being only for Apple Watch users, so I'll take my comments elsewhere.

Well that is a point, for sure, about sleep tracking. Not sure how well the watch does that though as I charge it each night. It does charge quickly, so I've seen people who wear it to bed and charge while in the shower :) But then there are going to be those who want it in the shower in case they get a text ;) I've had excellent battery life with mine -- I had a day I got up at 4am, and took it off at 12:30am the next morning and it still had 37% battery, I believe? (I know i posted it here somewhere) So even if it doesn't get a full charge in the shower, it should last quite a while.

If you do upgrade your Pebble, I think you'll be happy with it! The integration with iOS is quite good (as it should be).

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Honestly...?

I had the AW1 for a whopping two days...before I sold it to a coworker. Why? I bought it on a whim, and I discovered within minutes that I didn't need to be THAT connected, and all it did was mimic my phone. That's not a bad thing...I guess I just expected more. Apple will have to wow me on the next generation AW to get me to drop coin again. I'm not saying I won't. Heck, I'm a guy who wants the latest mobile tech each year...but they better make it harder to say "no".

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Honestly...?

I had the AW1 for a whopping two days...before I sold it to a coworker. Why? I bought it on a whim, and I discovered within minutes that I didn't need to be THAT connected, and all it did was mimic my phone. That's not a bad thing...I guess I just expected more. Apple will have to wow me on the next generation AW to get me to drop coin again. I'm not saying I won't. Heck, I'm a guy who wants the latest mobile tech each year...but they better make it harder to say "no".

Same here. Had mine for about a month and just wasn't for me. It's nice but I don't need to be that connected I guess.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The Hermes watch came out within weeks of when I bought a 42mm stainless model.

Waiting for next version of watch to justify purchasing the Hermes version. Rational? No way. Visceral? You bet!

jsox78

Aug 30, 2011
johnbowersox.me
There are a few things that I would love to see in the next generation that could get me to upgrade -

1. Better Battery Life - five days would be great
2. Curve the watch - I previously had the new Pebble Time Steel and loved how they curved the back of the watch
3. Sleep Tracking - better battery life would be key for this feature as well

ilario_seb

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
The only thing that i think it's really important it's the GPS, i can't believe that they didn't put one inside the watch, i hope for an implementation in version 2.0 or in a "S" version

sbrannen

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I understand not having GPS in the first gen watch, just like I understood not having 3G in the first iPhone. I'm very happy with my Apple Watch as it is, but I would upgrade to 2nd gen if it had GPS included so I didn't need my phone when I went for runs.

brianminor

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm a sucker for Apple product and he watch is honestly my most loved one, so it'd just take any sorta speed improvement to get me to upgrade.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Why would someone want to have FaceTime Camera that would affect the battery life of your watch?

It would be cool to raise the arm and say 'snap' for a selfie. But thats about it. It would not use any more battery than what it does today unless you use it. But lets be serious, you want be having a facetime call more then once to try it out.

Personally I want more battery, bigger watch around 52mm and sensor for UV light and blood oxygen level.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I like my Watches and don't know what would make me upgrade, just yet. A different case, possibly, especially if it's a different shape.

GPS? Not particularly important to me, unless maybe battery life is greatly improved. I get by ok as it is, and will never complain about more battery life. But it needs a lot more if GPS is a feature.

One thing I don't want is Apple making the Watches thinner at the expense of battery life. In fact, if they develop new silicon or battery tech, I want them to keep the Watch's current battery size thus increasing mAH capacity, and not sacrifice an increase in the making of a thinner Watch.

Aside from that, more bands and faces and I'm happy.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Well that is a point, for sure, about sleep tracking. Not sure how well the watch does that though as I charge it each night. It does charge quickly, so I've seen people who wear it to bed and charge while in the shower :)

That's what I do. The Watch works very well with the Sleep++ app.

But if you've got a busy watch face with active complications or use use Activity a lot, a sip of Apple Juice at in the evening might be in order. If I've had a heavy day, I'll charge the Watch during dinner, and put it on afterwards. That'll be more than enough to get me through the night. Put it on the charger during my shower and morning routine, and I'm set until the next morning.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have an Apple Watch SS 42mm and a Apple Watch Sport rose gold. I really want to see the watch IOS 3 on my current watch before I would consider up grading. I hope they keep to the same form factor because I own a ton of bands. Better battery life and a faster processor will probably get me to upgrade. I don't think I would buy another SS. The sports models are durable and nice and light.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I bought my watch about 2 months ago. 38mm Stainless and paid $850 CDN. It would take some major design upgrades for me to change. I like my  watch.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods