Hardware?
    How powerful is the hardware itself? Obviously no PS4 or Xbox One, but it like a Nintendo Switch? Or maybe it's more comparable to an older console, like a Wii or 64?

Software?
    Despite being out powered by something like a PS4, what sort of services could it offer to gaming developers and what experiences could this device generate?

For example. Destiny, by Bungie, can be played on the PS4 and an Xbox One, but can't be played on a Nintendo Switch. Could it be replicated on an Apple TV? What are some realistic games that could be played on this product, that came from a more so built for traditional gaming consoles?
    04-15-2017 05:36 PM
    The TV is first and foremost a streaming device with the capability to allow for the playing of various games. It is not a dedicated gaming console like the PS4 and XBox, and therefore not as powerful, in my opinion. Anyway, hopefully other members will offer their opinions soon.
    04-15-2017 08:07 PM
    If you're trying to compare the Apple TV to a PS4 or XBOX One for gaming purposes you're going to be awfully disappointed. Just like @Just_Me_D said, Apple TV is a streaming device above all else. It doesn't have nearly the graphics capabilities of a gaming console and won't be supporting Destiny, COD, or any other graphics intensive games anytime soon. Not to mention, the Apple TV is capped at 64 GB of internal storage. Considering PS4 games can take up 12 or more GB of space for just one game, that's not nearly enough storage. I've already upgraded my PS4 hard drive to 1 TB because 500 GB doesn't go very far.

If I had to compare graphics performance to a gaming console I'd measure it up to an original XBOX or maybe a PS2.
    04-23-2017 06:31 AM
    It has the A8 SoC, so performance is equivalent to an iPhone 6 or iPad Mini 4.

I would guess the A8 performs slightly better in the Apple TV because it's not running off of a battery and has a little bit more room to play with in terms of thermals.
    04-25-2017 10:42 AM