iPad to RECEIVE Apple Tv

thekeh

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Alright, this is going to sound backwards but bear with me. Is it possible to use an iPad as the the output for an Apple TV i.e. can the iPad be used as the screen to view content from the Apple TV? The ultimate aim here is to Airplay from one iPad to the Apple TV, then from the Apple TV to a second iPad. Basically I just want to mirror an iPad screen on a second iPad and it doesn't seem like there is any way to do this.

Thanks!

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity... what are you trying to mirror? Which iPads do you have and what iOS? I've been looking on the Apple Support Site for something similar to what you're referring to but I'm gonna assume more info is needed. Feel free to take a look at this links and maybe reach out to Apple support for a clearer answer.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204291
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289

thekeh

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm trying to use an iPad mini to fly a phantom drone and mirror the screen to the bigger iPad Air for clients to be able to see what the drone sees in real time without crowding around the one screen. Thanks, I checked out the links but they seem all to do with the Apple TV, as far as I can find there isn't a way to have an iPad receive Airplay :/

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It's possible an app programmer might some day write an app that can do it, BUT I don't think it's needed in too many situations that would warrant a developer's interest. Although I HAVE seen cases of a developer's own needs leading to an available product. I believe the "Plex" app started this way.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Which Phantom drone?

Some Phantoms have the ability to have an HDMI adapter added to the controller. Then you can use the HDMI output to send the video stream to an external source such as a compatible monitor.

thekeh

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys! Its a Phantom 4 and as far as I can tell the app itself doesn't have this capability since I'm pretty sure the device only gets the camera feed from being directly connected to the RC controller. There is the option to buy an adapter for the RC to get a HDMI output but I was hoping for a wireless option (and also not needing to purchase extra equipment). It's looking like the Apple TV option might be the only way...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234