Low Quality Netflix

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased an Apple TV 4 on Black Friday and I'm having a big issue with Netflix. The streaming quality is terrible. The picture is super grainy and camera movements are choppy. Very similar to watching an old VHS. I know it's not my Netflix settings (4K plan set to 'high') and the picture is great if I stream from my TV or PS4. The weird thing is it's only Netflix. Streaming YouTube, for example, has a good picture on the Apple TV.

2nd question, does the Apple TV limit all streaming services to 1080p, or just native Apple apps?

Thanks in advance!

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
1080 is the max output from the Apple TV. Not sure why the streaming quality isn't good for you as I haven't had that issue.

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
My Netflix streaming in Apple has been good too, perhaps you should contact Netflix directly so they can try to help you, since that's a rather odd thing to happen

Mattap

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I am actually seeing the same problem with Netflix. Seems like it's buffering. I know it's not my internet because I have a roku and there is no problem, it seems like it's just with Netflix.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711