Upgrade to 4th

davewe

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I've had Apple TV from the beginning. Skipped 2nd gen and upgraded to the 3rd. Considering jumping to 4th.

I mostly use if for movies and with 1000 movies on iTunes I like the idea of faster searching via Siri. Also stream all my music so hope that finding music should be easier as well.

Doubt that I would be much of a game user but you never knew. Not sure what other Apps are available.

So I'm trying to justify whether the better remote with Siri is worth it or not. Opinions?

BTW, the only thing about Apple TV I have never liked is the fact that when it freezes, which it does, I have to unplug and replug it. Don't suppose the 4th generation is better, is it?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're not going to play games or search via Siri, you might as well keep using your 3rd-generation TV, in my opinion.

davewe

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
If you're not going to play games or search via Siri, you might as well keep using your 3rd-generation TV, in my opinion.

I would love to search via Siri (I have 1000 movies and 6000 songs) but am now reading that you can't use Siri with your shared iTunes library.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, the new Apple TV is pretty cool – but it's definitely not necessary for almost anything. Apps are nice, but not at all groundbreaking. The UI is very pretty in my opinion, but a bit to hard to use in some places. But: I think the new Apple TV will make itself necessary through Apple's neglect of older generations…

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative