Anyone use the Sling app on Atv4?

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the Sling app for my Atv4 but can't figure out how to sign up as a new user. The app acts like I am a returning member and asks me to log on and enter my password.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Sling doesn't offer sign-up through the app in order to avoid Apple's 30% cut of the subscription fee each month.

On a small side-note: Whenever you're about to sign up for a subscription through an iOS app, always check the company's site first to see if the subscription costs less than what it is actually offered for through the iOS app. Examples of this are apps like Spotify, and Hulu Plus for the ad-free sub.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Sling doesn't offer sign-up through the app in order to avoid Apple's 30% cut of the subscription fee each month.

On a small side-note: Whenever you're about to sign up for a subscription through an iOS app, always check the company's site first to see if the subscription costs less than what it is actually offered for through the iOS app. Examples of this are apps like Spotify, and Hulu Plus for the ad-free sub.

Thank you!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So I signed up for the free week trial offer, and so far it's pretty good! I don't have a super fast internet connection but it plays without any slowdowns. I'm not a fan of the user interface, but so far so good!

I've been hearing lots of good things about Playstation Vue. Basically a Sling with some steroids and there will apparently be an app for the Apple TV soon.

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been hearing that PS Vue app is coming also I hope its true then I can get ride of the fire TV. I tried Sling TV on the Apple TV and it sucked for me I have Gigabit internet plus I was using Ethernet and sling would be choppy and freeze a lot. I had the service last year on Fire TV and it would always lock up watching the Walking Dead and TBS would be choppy. I have PS Vue now on the my PS4 and the Fire TV and I have no problems except for the Fire TV app locks up at least once a week on the PS4 its awesome but that is in my game room. I just need PS Vue to come to Apple TV and then I'm all set I would have that along with Netflix, and my HDHomerun for watching all my local stations.

jshjx

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Home internet is on TMC at 15mbps. Using SlingTV on the Apple TV. So far its going pretty well. I tested it on a chromecast v1 and v2. off and on both would be choppy and pixelated.
Also checked about the PS Vue. Unfortunately they dont offer it on the Apple TV.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Home internet is on TMC at 15mbps. Using SlingTV on the Apple TV. So far its going pretty well. I tested it on a chromecast v1 and v2. off and on both would be choppy and pixelated.

Pretty much works well on anything 10 and above. But the pixelation and choppiness is much more to do with the service no matter the speeds. Sling still has a lot of work to do on their streaming.

mikepas

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I had been using a Chromecast for my SlingTV fix for about nine months but after getting an Apple TV this past weekend the difference in the quality is night and day. It runs so much better on the Apple TV than it ever has via Chromecast. For me, at least, gone are the days of my shows pixelating and poorly synced audio!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW