Will I be able to download Sling TV on my 3rd Generation Apple TV?

I

iMore Question

Ok, this might be a common sense question but, hey its a forum so....., I am going to answer it yesterday. I have been patiently waiting for Apple TV to get a streaming service and when Sling was announced I was jumping for joy; however brief. Is there I way that I can get this application on my Apple TV or is this device obsolete?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that it is out yet, but you could check the AppStore if there is one on AppleTV. During the keynote they said it would be coming soon and there should be no reason for them to not bring it to an older model.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It's possible but not probable at this point. Apple would have to add the service to the Apple TV legacy lineup. NOW they have been known to add channels/content in the past so it's not impossible. HOWEVER at this point their efforts are mostly focused on current generation products Apple TV 4 and any upcoming Apple TV offerings. (New tvOS)

You can make a feature request here.....

Apple - Apple TV - Feedback

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that it is out yet, but you could check the AppStore if there is one on AppleTV. During the keynote they said it would be coming soon and there should be no reason for them to not bring it to an older model.

I think it IS out for the Apple TV 4