Will the new Apple TV be able to stream TV?

I

iMore Question

When the new Apple TV comes out, will it be able to stream TV? Is a new Apple TV even going to come out this year?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
We don't know... until we hear otherwise, any new AppleTV will function much like the AppleTV4 currently available...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
There ARE of course rumors, BUT they are just that rumors, nothing has been publicly stated as of yet!

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Considering they are still trying to perfect the current ATV, unless they make a sudden push for 4K with iTunes, I wouldn't expect a new ATV anytime soon. I'm thinking at least a year or more IMO.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
What do you consider stream TV? You sorta CAN with the Apple TV and a slingbox (and an ipad or iphone, as you need to airplay) Also their is a SlingTV paid service that works with the Apple TV 4 that for a price gives you a limited selection of pay TV. :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
What do you consider stream TV? You sorta CAN with the Apple TV and a slingbox (and an ipad or iphone, as you need to airplay) Also their is a SlingTV paid service that works with the Apple TV 4 that for a price gives you a limited selection of pay TV. :)

And with the new tvOS, at least from the keynote, you can stream certain channels/apps that have a live TV component. I don't think it's that far off where we can get most everything that way :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If nothing else this thread has generated interesting conversation! lol

I'm hopeful at some point to lower the tv bills, but DTV gets my money for Sunday Ticket (Go Packers!). If I could watch live using a streaming service (vs the NFL's next day option) I'd be happy. Don't have to worry about blackouts here in D.C. for the Pack, but can't watch the Nats on MLB.tv (at least for now, I've heard blackouts may be ending)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner