ATV3 / Samsung Anynet+ (CEC / ARC) Issues, can I please get some help?

I

iMore Question

ATV3 / Samsung Anynet+ (CEC / ARC) Issues

I have a Samsung HW-F750 sound bar connected from its ?HDMI out? port to the HDMI 2 (ARC) port on my Samsung UE55H700 TV. There is also a Sky+ HD set top box connected to the HDM1 (STB) port on the TV.

Anynet+ (HDMI CEC/ARC) works fine allowing me to switch on all three devices using one touch of the ?Sky? button on the Sky remote controller and control everything with either the Sky or Samsung TV remotes (depending on whether I watching Sky or terrestrial TV). However, when I connect my third generation Apple TV, I immediately lose Anynet+ functionality. Although sound still emits from the sound bar, with the ATV3 connected to HDMI 3 or 4 on the TV or even the ?HDMI in? on the sound bar, I?m no longer to able control the sound bar volume with the Sky or TV remotes or switch on all 3 devices with one touch. As soon as the ATV3 is disconnected, Anynet+ functionality returns. Samsung claim they can do nothing about this except to say I should turn off HDMI-CEC on the ATV. However, I can find nothing in the settings that will allow me to do this. Has anyone else had this issue and managed to overcome it or have any suggestions on a fix please?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods