- iMore Nanite
- 6 Posts
Apple TV (4th gen) a HomeKit enabled accessory?
So I have an iPhone 6plus + iOS 9.2.1 + Apple TV 4th gen
With no additional apps, I'd love to be able to pull Apple TV into my "home" and then issue Siri commands into my iPhone to control it - "Hey Siri play "Cars" on lounge room Apple TV"
I hear there's an updated remote app, that will include the "Siri" software button... But why isn't native iPhone -> Apple TV homekit integration already there, it would be a nice place for users to start experiencing the possibilities of HomeKit, given a taste I'm sure consumers would seek out more home kit accessories
- 02-13-2016, 06:49 AM #2
Re: Apple TV (4th gen) a HomeKit enabled accessory?
I don't use any HomeKit items yet but according to this article you can use the AppleTV as a sort of bridge:
Look forwards the end.
Also a Siri button on the app would be cool but not sure if it's in the works or not. The app does work well for controlling the Apple TV but Siri functionality is definitely something I use a lot.
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-13-2016, 11:54 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPadReplies: 4Last Post: 02-13-2016, 09:55 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 8Last Post: 02-13-2016, 09:14 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-12-2016, 06:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-12-2016, 01:22 PM