Apple TV Showing wrong LIVE feed

Chris_Bos

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I live outside of Chicago, and just made the switch from AT&T Uverse to Comcast for internet. Our family is trying to ditch cable and just use the Apple TV for our television viewing.(sharing a log-in with a family member)

The problem I am having is when I go into any app on my Apple TV (ABC, Disney, ESPN) and view the LIVE programming the "On Now" shows what is live in my area but when I select it, it gives me a West Coast feed. For example the ABC app show on the Live programing list what is currently on here in Chicagoland, but when I try to view it, it shows me ABC7 from Santa Clara, CA.
Yesterday and today I talked with Apple, they said its a Comcast issue. I talked with Comcast, they have no clue. Most of the time when I talk with someone they don't even understand what an Apple TV is or how it works. I talk with the Hardware people, they say its a Comcast issue...round and round I go.

When I did have AT&T I never had this issue, so I'm guessing it's either a Comcast or hardware issue. I have the same issue on both of my Apple TVs, which also leads me to believe that it's not an issue with the Apple TV. Both Apple TVs work fine when I am on a different network (at my office).

I have checked the location settings on both Apple TVs. I have done factory default restores on both Apple TVs. I have done the factory default restores on the modem and the router. I had a NETGEAR router, returned it and purchased a AirPort Extreme, still the same problem. Nothing worked.

When I use the Watch ABC (or any other) app on my iPad or iPhone, everything works fine. It's just while on the 2 Apple TVs I have and only on my home network.

Any ideas on what to do? Or what I can suggest Comcast to do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is my Apple TV showing the wrong LIVE feed?

Is the feed going through a VPN?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your AppleTV is set up properly... Settings...General...Time Zone...
Under Settings...General...Privacy... make sure location services are on... and the app you're trying to use is listed, make sure it's allowed while using the app...

Chris_Bos

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Make sure your AppleTV is set up properly... Settings...General...Time Zone...
Under Settings...General...Privacy... make sure location services are on... and the app you're trying to use is listed, make sure it's allowed while using the app...

Time Zone is correct. There are no Privacy or Location services on the Apple TV

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods