Should I buy an Apple TV 3rd generation?

I

iMore Question

should I buy an Apple TV 3rd generation

should I buy an apple tv 3rd generation?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: should I buy an Apple TV 3rd generation

If the price is right and you don't plan on playing games via your TV then yeah, the 3rd generation TV is still a viable purchase. Now as to whether you should buy it, you'll have to figure that out for yourself.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm in no hurry to replace mine. It is an excellent streamer. Highly recommended if you purchase media through iTunes.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

If the price is right and you don't plan on playing games via your TV then yeah, the 3rd generation TV is still a viable purchase. Now as to whether you should buy it, you'll have to figure that out for yourself.

I concur. My 3rd generation TV is still going strong and used daily. NHL GameCenter, Netflix, videos I've purchased through iTunes, and other streaming services work great.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

I bought the ATV 4 when it came out, then decided that I will keep my ATV 3 for my other entertainment centre. ATV 3 is a very good device for streaming movies and music. Plus you can not go wrong with the price. Final decision is yours though.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! As others have stated, if all you want to do is stream and you're okay with the current set of streaming apps that are included on the device then the 3rd gen will work great for you. If you want a more interactive experience and the ability to download apps and games then get the 4th gen. I have and use them both.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh