I have two Apple TVs. yesterday they both stopped working. All I get is a picture of a large guitar. What can I do?

I

iMore Question

I have two apple TVs. yesterday they both stopped working. All I get is a picture of a large guitar

Both TVs have been working fine. We had a snow storm yesterday./ Could that be causing the problem?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have two apple TVs. yesterday they both stopped working. All I get is a picture of a large gui

Welcome to iMore! I haven't experienced this problem nor have I read about others with this issue on iMore. It's especially peculiar considering it's happening on two different AppleTVs. Have you tried hard resetting both devices? Using your AppleTV remote, hold down the menu button and down arrow until the white light starts blinking. You can also just unplug the unit itself, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: I have two apple TVs. yesterday they both stopped working. All I get is a picture of a large gui

Definitely odd. I would be surprised if a reset didn't fix it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I highly doubt a snow storm damaged both your TV devices, especially to the point where both devices are displaying a pic of a "large guitar" on the TVs they're connected to. It's definitely odd that the atv's are affected, but not the TVs they're connected to. Anyway, connect them to your computer and restore them via iTunes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77