Why does my screen black out when streaming my Apple TV (3rd gen)?

Cogiter Ekloo

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Screen blacking out when streaming on Apple TV (3rd Gen)

Greetings,
I have a 3rd Gen Apple TV with which I have a peculiar issue that has been happening for a while but has recently become much worse. Basically whenever I am streaming on Netflix, you-tube or another service, the screen goes black for about 2 seconds and then comes back. However, during that time the video continues to play so I sometimes have to rewind a little to see what I missed. Initially it did this randomly usually days or weeks apart. However, recently it has been doing this every single day and doing it multiple times. It is making it impossible to stream anything because I am constantly having to rewind every couple of minutes. I am planning on getting the newest Apple TV but I was hoping to give this Apple TV to a friend who is in need of a streaming device. But because of this problem I don't think I can; has anyone else encountered such a problem ? Please note that when I am not streaming anything and I am on on the screen with the app icons, the screen never goes black.

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Screen blacking out when streaming on Apple TV (3rd Gen)

It sounds like you have a internet problem , do you have a good mobile signal , if you do set up a hit spot and connect your box to your mobile if it works ok then it is a internet problem or can you test your Nov on another source of wifi or a hard wire source

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I would try your box on another internet source , if it works ok that means your internet is the source of trouble , it may not be the actual internet that's at fault , the fault could be the way it's connected or interference from other sources , or the box not connected to the main socket in the house etc

Cogiter Ekloo

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Screen blacking out when streaming on Apple TV (3rd Gen)

I do not think that it is my Internet connection because I have an XBOX that I use for streaming occasionally and that works fine and when I stream using my iPad that works as well so I doubt that it's the Internet connection. Furthermore as I mentioned when the screen goes dark and comes back I can tell that the video continued to play whilst the screen was dark which means the Internet connection did not fail.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2