Apple TV updates to 9.1, now supports Remote App

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't updated the Apple TV yet, it now supports the remote app. No Siri, but your phone essentially becomes the top part of the Siri remote!

You'll need to pair it by going to Settings -> Remotes and Devices -> Remote app

Then follow the on screen instructions.

Anyone else update?

2BTs4Me

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have to pair it. I'd originally paired it to my old apple tv. When I opened the app, I was able to choose which apple tv I wanted to control with the app.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have to pair it. I'd originally paired it to my old apple tv. When I opened the app, I was able to choose which apple tv I wanted to control with the app.

You didn't have to tell the new Apple TV you had the remote app? Saved a step! :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't updated the Apple TV yet, it now supports the remote app. No Siri, but your phone essentially becomes the top part of the Siri remote!

You'll need to pair it by going to Settings -> Remotes and Devices -> Remote app

Then follow the on screen instructions.

Anyone else update?

I just arrived at work so I'll reinstall the Remote app on my Apple Watch and test it out later this evening. Thanks for the update.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
The first thing I did after the update was rename my tv to "tv". I've wanted to do it since I got it. I feel so much better now!
979d41cab89868f8a20f38ce82cec4c5.jpg

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The app updated today and I am able to navigate with it but notice it doesn't allow me to play Crossy Road. Guess there's still some work to be done :)

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Another great find with the latest tvOS update to the new Apple TV. I was watching one of my old ripped movies this evening and realized my 5.1 digital stereo was working again! Yay! The previous tvOS version stripped out the 5.1 to only pass a basic stereo signal for ripped movies, even though they were all ripped with full 5.1 sound. Now I don't have to repurchase my older favorite ripped movies just to get 5.1 sound again.

Ab Ma

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone knows how to TURN OFF AN LG SMART TV from the APPLE TV4 REMOTE OR REMOTE APP?

I could put BOTH the ATV4 To SLEEP and the panasonic sound bar to OFF by holding the home button and selecting sleep but I cant get the LG TV to turn off!

Anyone know how? Thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77