Apple TV: Must-have apps?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gotten my Apple TV yet but already have a list of apps I will install. What are your must-have apps?

My list includes:
- Haystack for news
- Crossy Road, Asphalt 8 for games
- Netflix and YouTube

Looking to add to it :)

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Ultimate Fireplace. There are a ton of fireplace apps in the Store but this is the best in IMO. 1080p video most others seem to be 720p. 3 different fireplaces. The icon isn't horrendous like so many in the store. Full disclosure I sent dev an email asking if UF was coming to tv because I bought and loved the original UF for iOS a long time ago. The dev gave me the tv app for free. I would have bought it though.

QVC - I've loved QVC since I was 10. It's a great app. I do think it's the most innovative app on the store. That's crazy to me. But I don't think that will be the case for long.

Hulu
PBS
Asphalt 8 is the best game!!! I never played it before I got my tv. It's a addictive. I need an intervention.
CBS
FX Now
YouTube
HBO Go
Netflix
USA
Craftsy
Speedtest
tvStorage

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ultimate Fireplace. There are a ton of fireplace apps in the Store but this is the best in IMO. 1080p video most others seem to be 720p. 3 different fireplaces. The icon isn't horrendous like so many in the store. Full disclosure I sent dev an email asking if UF was coming to tv because I bought and loved the original UF for iOS a long time ago. The dev gave me the tv app for free. I would have bought it though.

QVC - I've loved QVC since I was 10. It's a great app. I do think it's the most innovative app on the store. That's crazy to me. But I don't think that will be the case for long.

Hulu
PBS
Asphalt 8 is the best game!!! I never played it before I got my tv. It's a addictive. I need an intervention.
CBS
FX Now
YouTube
HBO Go
Netflix
USA
Craftsy
Speedtest
tvStorage

Nice list - thank you!

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
What about apps for streaming live TV without a subscription? Not looking to bootleg anything but I'm more interested in which networks don't require a subscription. I note NBC as referenced earlier.

I have 2 ATV3s right now but I'm considering the 4th gen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal